PDA

View Full Version : Possible Filter Problem

Alessia Hayden
02-02-2018, 8:24 AM
It seems that when the Filter is on, after a while water gushes into one of the skimmers. This leads to the water level dropping quite significantly. I have tried to solve this by filling up the pool more and more, but I was wondering what the problem could be. Any help would be assistance .

Jim Koepke
02-02-2018, 3:50 PM
Howdy Alessia and welcome to the Creek.

My knowledge of how pool filtering works is not much, but my understanding was it is a closed system. Anything a skimmer sucks in should be sent through the filters and back into the pool. Where else can the water be going?

Is it possible a drain valve was left open or there is a leak?

jtk

Jim Becker
02-02-2018, 6:03 PM
Alessia, while there are some folks here that might be able to help you with pool related questions, this is a Woodworking forum and the majority of folks in our community focus on that. You might want to see if there are any swimming pool forums that you feel comfortable with. That said, from a non-pool owner's point of view...it sounds like you have a leak somewhere in the piping that pulls water from and returns water to the pool.

Jim
Forum Moderator

Michael Weber
02-02-2018, 7:43 PM
Alessia, thanks for your input on my old thread about pool covers. I had unexplained leakage from my pool before I had it filled in shortly after posting that question. It was a leak in the pool bottom and water level would fall or rise depending on ground water saturation and was one reason we could not keep the pool clear. Sounds like you have an underground leak somewhere in the plumbing. Good luck

Alessia Hayden
02-20-2018, 7:24 AM
Thanks Jim Becker. I will definitely try this question in pool related forums. But still I welcome all answers here if someone has any idea about this.