PDA

View Full Version : Bosch miter saw work bench

andrew whicker
02-01-2018, 1:51 AM
Hello,

I have a new Bosch miter saw (12" 'sliding') and I'm trying to figure out how I want to build my long work bench along the wall.

Do you find yourself needing a lot of length from the out feed fence? Do you have a shorter out feed fence?

Andrew Pitonyak
02-01-2018, 11:27 AM
no responses...... hmmmmm

I do not have a special bench for my miter saw, but, I do have something that will support long pieces.

For my limited uses, I don't see a strong need for a long fence with a miter saw. A tall fence might be useful for some types of cuts...

andrew whicker
02-01-2018, 11:55 AM
Ah, I am using it as both a miter and a radial arm saw, I guess. In other words, I'm crosscutting long boards to length.

Andrew Pitonyak
02-01-2018, 12:09 PM
Ah, I am using it as both a miter and a radial arm saw, I guess. In other words, I'm crosscutting long boards to length.

So the real advantage to the long fence is that you can place a stop for the long boards.

Off hand, however, I am not convinced that the stop must be mounted on a "fence", but that is generally where I see them mounted.
I can see how that would be very useful...

andrew whicker
02-01-2018, 1:17 PM
I'll have tons of length for a fence on the left side of the saw. Curious how many feet people put on the right side. Maybe a dumb question.

I'd like to have a proper workbench on the right side (without a fence down the length this workbench). Not sure how useful the right fence is in daily use.

Tim M Tuttle
02-01-2018, 1:31 PM
Personally, I want 8 on the left and 4 on the right. Right now I have a temporary miter saw station that only has a fence and stop block on the left. I often wish I had the right fence in place but that will come at another time.