PDA

View Full Version : Is $275,000 a fair price?

Michael Em
11-10-2005, 12:59 AM
Hi everyone :)

Mr Lurker here.

Found this wood for sale on Ebay. Anyone know if this would be a decent price?

On another note, I just got my first ever woodworking related catalog. It's from Grizzly. I pretty much haven't put it down for days on end! There are so many things I want now it's ridiculous. I can feel the urge to buy woodworking tools slowly taking over my life. I can't wait to get my first tablesaw and bandsaw soon. I am so excited I had a share.

Thanks,
Michael

Dev Emch
11-10-2005, 2:20 AM
Yah, just wait when you get your hands on a phase converter!:rolleyes: The grizzly catalog will be the least of your worries.

Chris Barton
11-10-2005, 7:06 AM
At about $5 per sq ft I would say that it is way too high. I don't come anywhere close to that for my veneers...

John Hart
11-10-2005, 7:37 AM
I'm probably going to pass on that Lot. I saw a nice piece of cocobolo for $7 that I'm saving up for.:D Welcome to the Creek Michael!

Steve Wargo
11-10-2005, 9:05 AM
I think that it depends on how much solid lumber he has. If he's got half of that in ebony and rosewood then it's a great price. The veneer... Usually get it pretty cheap. I highly doubt he'll sell the auction , but it is a nice lot and more than likely worth at least close to what he's asking.

Alan Turner
11-10-2005, 9:05 AM
Michael,
I wish you hadn't given so much publicity to that nice lot. Now I am afraid that the price will run out of my range.

Rob Bourgeois
11-10-2005, 9:12 AM
Could someone PM the link or what to search for...I just found some change under the sofa.:rolleyes:

Michael Em
11-10-2005, 1:38 PM
Could someone PM the link or what to search for...I just found some change under the sofa.:rolleyes:

Do a search for 'Woodworking' then sort by price. It sits at the very top by about $265,000 :D

Michael

Dan Mages
11-10-2005, 11:19 PM
Don't let Mark Singer see this, he would probably buy it in a heartbeat.

Dan