View Full Version : I came home and found THIS on my front porch...

Robert Cherry
01-30-2018, 7:33 PM

I came home from work tonight and found a Powermatic box on the front porch. Not having ordered anything (lately), I was curious what could be inside? Turns out it is a nice personalized Hudson waxed cotton shop apron, as a thank you for being a loyal customer. Also included was a 15% off coupon from the gear store (not machinery I’m afraid). How nice!

My wife immediately commented ‘how much money have you spent with them anyway?’ Uhhhh......

Nick Decker
01-30-2018, 7:39 PM
Wear the apron in the kitchen while you cook dinner for your wife. That oughta do it.

Robert Cherry
01-30-2018, 7:45 PM
What?! And risk getting a food stain on it? No way!

Steve Eure
01-30-2018, 7:52 PM
Reminds me of the old joke "I took my family to Disney and all I got was this lousy t-shirt"! How much do I have to spend to get an apron?
Anyways that is an extremely nice gesture from PM. More companies should take notice.

Jim Becker
01-30-2018, 8:42 PM
Well...you DO have an incredible amount of that mustard yellow in your shop, Robert...the least they could do is provide a matching outfit. :) :D On your wife's comments..."be afraid"....be very afraid. ;)

Robert Cherry
01-30-2018, 9:45 PM
Luckily I’m traveling for the next few weeks. Hopefully she will have forgotten about it by the time I get back. Ah, who am I kidding, I’m done for....

Jim Becker
01-31-2018, 9:58 AM
Luckily I’m traveling for the next few weeks. Hopefully she will have forgotten about it by the time I get back. Ah, who am I kidding, I’m done for....
ROFLOL...yep...yer done for. So....what can we bring home from the NJ show to, um...distract her? Something of a different color? :D

Earl McLain
01-31-2018, 1:44 PM
ROFLOL...yep...yer done for. So....what can we bring home from the NJ show to, um...distract her? Something of a different color? :D

I've read that GREEN attracts the eyes 10x more than mustard...or Woodpeckers Red.

Nice apron!! Martin Guitar used to send me stuff every now and then, that slowed way down after I got married.
earl

Keith Hankins
01-31-2018, 3:54 PM
my first thoughts was just how much have you spent recently. I've blow'd a small bundle in the past year and a half, and nothing. So sir, my hat tip's to you!

Robert Cherry
01-31-2018, 4:10 PM
my first thoughts was just how much have you spent recently. I've blow'd a small bundle in the past year and a half, and nothing. So sir, my hat tip's to you!
I dare not put that in writing.....

Robert Cherry
01-31-2018, 4:11 PM
What ever comes home will have to fit In my pocket.

Carroll Courtney
01-31-2018, 7:05 PM
Not fair,I'm crying foul.I have several PM machines and they didn't send me anything.Well maybe cause mine is from the 60's -70's vintage so I don't deserve it :mad: But you do and that apron looks sharp,congrats nothing better than getting some for free unexpected:D

Jim Becker
01-31-2018, 9:32 PM
What ever comes home will have to fit In my pocket.
Well, in your travels, stop at Duluth Trading and get some pants with a LOT of pockets! :)

Martin Wasner
02-01-2018, 8:47 AM
I spent $30k on a panel saw, I had to twist their Swiss arms for a hat.

Pretty sure I've got enough Italian equipment, Italy owes me at least an older Ferrari.

Jim Becker
02-01-2018, 10:14 AM
Pretty sure I've got enough Italian equipment, Italy owes me at least an older Ferrari.

When I sold my dad's Cadillac last year to the dealer in central Florida, they had a nice 1989 red with tan interior Ferrari out front. 8K miles. $100K price. :) No warranty. :D