PDA

View Full Version : Biesemeyer Home Shop Fence + PM1000 Mobile Base for table saw.

Jake Grover
01-29-2018, 4:18 PM
Hey, I recently got a great deal on a Biesemeyer Home Shop Fence with 41" cutting capacity. I think that the rails are about 70" long.

I'm still getting the rails bolted onto my Delta 34-410, but I just realized that my mobile base will not work as it is installed if I support the extension table using the included legs.

I have a Portamate-1000 with the cam casters on the left hand side of the table saw. If I install the leveling legs on the extension then, when I lower the wheels, the legs will be forced into the ground.

I was thinking about just reversing it, so that the cams are mounted on the right side of the tablesaw. That would lift the legs into the air. I could leave the legs off the table... but I can pretty much guarantee that I knock it over at some point... So scratch that idea.

If I just put the cam casters on the right side of the saw and just lift the extension table and legs on the ground, would that be a problem?

Is there any chance of me bending the rails on the biesemeyer home shop fence? They are smaller than the commercial version, but with it bolted to the saw and extension table I would imagine that it would take a ridiculous amount of force. Especially with the guide tube attached to the front rail.

You can't really see the mobile base in this picture, but hopefully it will make sense.

...no I'm not wealthy. I got a ridiculous deal on the Sjöbergs bench in the photo at the same time that I bought the fence. It is way out of my league. I need to get a handplane...

Back on topic. Another option would be building an base out of wood to sit in the PM-1000. I could support the extension table off of that...

But I can see this thing getting close to the 400lb capacity of the PM1000 with a router + tablesaw + fence. And with a piece of MDF just sitting there, I know I would eventually feel like I had to put a cabinet on it. More weight.

Thanks for any thoughts you might have.