View Full Version : Price alert

Dan Larson
11-09-2005, 8:02 PM
Jamestown Distributers has Nicholson cabinetmakers rasps on sale:
#49 is $29.99
#50 is $35.99

Tom Hamilton
11-10-2005, 10:12 PM
Great piece and craftsmanship. Thanks for sharing the details. TJH ;)

Michael Perata
11-11-2005, 1:33 PM
I picked up both rasps the last time they had a sale. They are nice, but feel a bit light in the hand. I still recommend the purchase.

Dan Larson
11-11-2005, 3:57 PM
I picked up both rasps the last time they had a sale. They are nice, but feel a bit light in the hand. I still recommend the purchase.

I did, too. From my perspective as an inexperienced woodworker, I think they're great. They allow me to remove stock fast enough so that they're not frustrating to use. But they don't remove stock so quickly that I can't correct mistakes before it's too late!:eek:

Bob Noles
11-11-2005, 5:26 PM
I just ordered mine from Boggs tool which is $5 higher than the sale price at Jamestown. This is Boggs regular year round price and he sharpens them to their fullest before sending them out. Figured I saved in the long run and ended up with a sharper file for the $.

He is really a very nice fella and very helpful on the phone.

Mike Wenzloff
11-11-2005, 5:41 PM
I just ordered mine from Boggs tool which is $5 higher than the sale price at Jamestown. This is Boggs regular year round price and he sharpens them to their fullest before sending them out. Figured I saved in the long run and ended up with a sharper file for the $.
He is really a very nice fella and very helpful on the phone.
I'll second using Boggs. Whether for new files/rasps or old. I have another batch going out tomorrow. Highly recommended/

There's a whole thread on files and rasps going, btw, on another forum (WoodNet). It's a great thread with some great information by a man named Slav.

Worth checking out.

Take care, Mike

Bob Noles
11-11-2005, 6:01 PM
Mike,

Now just who would have started a whole thread on something a silly as a "file" :D

Taking care I hope....

Dan Larson
11-12-2005, 1:11 PM
Bob, thanks for the reccomendation on Boggs Tool. I was not aware of them. I'll have to give them a call the next time I'm in the market for a file or sharpening service.