PDA

View Full Version : Galvo Fiber Laser Marking Angle Question

Wesley Sherratt
01-26-2018, 7:29 AM
Hi All,

I am new to the site and this is my first post :)

I took delivery of a galvo fiberlaser yesterday (20w Raycus source) and I have been doing a lot of reading up for the past few months whilst waiting for delivery. There's one particular parameter that has got me stumped...

When I look at the marking guide here https://www.needham-coding.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2016/10/TYKMA-Laser-Marking-Manual-REV214.pdf. I see that the guide lists different angles for each material, 90°, 180°, 315° etc.

What do these mean and how are they put to use? I've only test engraved 1 piece of anodized Aluminum so far using the 90° option and it looks pretty good. What are the degree angles in reference to as I'm putting the work piece right under the lens so I'm assuming around 90° right? Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Wesley

Bill George
01-26-2018, 8:32 AM
Different angles? Usually the Lens focal length determines the active marking area of the galvo. Ok your talking about Hatching angles, correct?

Wesley Sherratt
01-26-2018, 9:57 AM
Hi Bill,

I've just had another play with my laser and realized that the document is referring to hatching angles yes. For some reason I thought it was the angle at which the beam left the lens :confused:.

Is there any rule of thumb when it comes to using these different angles?

Thanks,

Wesley