PDA

View Full Version : Is this compressor decent?

Mike Dowell
01-24-2018, 6:03 PM
I've got an old compressor which I run an air blower, and a couple HVLP guns off of. My compressor works fine but it is old and makes some weird noises lately. My father-in-law is selling a compressor he has from back in his finishing days. It's a DevilBliss IRL6560V with very low hours. Anyone with experience with this model? Is this a decent unit? I can't find ANY information on it on the web - no manuals, no specs, no reviews, heck, it's not even on Devilbliss's website(although their website seems piss poor).

Anyone have insight on this? The price is negotiable - I think he just wants to get it out of his basement more than anything.

Thanks!

Adam Herman
01-24-2018, 6:17 PM
https://servicenet.dewalt.com/Products/Detail/IRL6560V#

looks like it should be a good compressor. manual above.

13 scfm @ 40 psi and 10 @ 90

Mike Dowell
01-24-2018, 6:38 PM
https://servicenet.dewalt.com/Products/Detail/IRL6560V#

looks like it should be a good compressor. manual above.

13 scfm @ 40 psi and 10 @ 90

DeWalt? I thought is was an DevilBliss?

Hey thanks for the reply. So, this is a single stage. It's been a LONG time since I shopped compressors. Is a single stage the "thump thump thump thump" type? That seems like such a funny way to ask about a compressor, but I Remember from my research years ago, that some compressors are really loud, but not the "thump thump" types. I can't remember if that had to do with how many stages there were, or if it had a v-twin head or not.

Frankie Hunt
01-25-2018, 10:28 AM
A google search on "IRL6560V" brings up several pictures such as this one. If this is the compressor, then I think it would be a decent tool. This one has 2 pistons so its not going to sound so "thump thump" as an older, slower single piston model.

Mike Dowell
01-25-2018, 10:41 AM
This is the exact compressor. What would you offer to pay? I was thinking $200.

A google search on "IRL6560V" brings up several pictures such as this one. If this is the compressor, then I think it would be a decent tool. This one has 2 pistons so its not going to sound so "thump thump" as an older, slower single piston model.

Jim Becker
01-25-2018, 10:58 AM
That's a darn nice compressor. If you can get it for $200, that would be an outstanding deal, IMHO, if it's in good working order. Remember, a brand new, reasonably equivalent is going to cost between $500 and $1000, depending on the brand, model and deal-du-jour.

Mike Dowell
01-25-2018, 11:09 AM
Sweet. OK, I'm going to jump on it then. I don't "need" it but my current compressor came 40 years old and is making weird noise. Better grab up this one.

Thanks to all for the input!

That's a darn nice compressor. If you can get it for $200, that would be an outstanding deal, IMHO, if it's in good working order. Remember, a brand new, reasonably equivalent is going to cost between $500 and $1000, depending on the brand, model and deal-du-jour.

Adam Herman
01-25-2018, 11:54 AM
the dewalt service thing just has parts and manuals for lots of different brands. Maybe the same parent company? dont know.

yea, that is a screaming deal. jump.

Frankie Hunt
01-25-2018, 3:25 PM
This is the exact compressor. What would you offer to pay? I was thinking $200.
$200 would be a great deal. If I were in need I would go up to $450, but would hope for less.