PDA

View Full Version : Smooth side up or down

Lee Schierer
01-22-2018, 6:29 PM
Many medicine cabinets have glass shelves that are smooth on one side and pebbled on the other. A recent thread on this forum asked which side of the glass should be up and there were divers opinions. Here is a poll to see what the majority feel is the correct way to orient the smooth and pebbled sides. This poll will close in 10 days.

Mike Kreinhop
01-22-2018, 6:38 PM
Every cabinet I've seen with textured glass shelves had the smooth side up. I have a large display case for my pottery collection, and although the glass shelves are smooth on both sides, I can't imagine using a textured side up for the collection.

David Helm
01-22-2018, 7:20 PM
Didn't vote because my situation isn't in the list. I have no medicine cabinets in the way you describe.

Jim Becker
01-22-2018, 7:37 PM
Not only do I not have glass shelves in a medicine cabinet...I don't have a medicine cabinet. :) :D

Wade Lippman
01-22-2018, 7:52 PM
I have wood shelves, but... why would they make a rough side unless it was supposed to be up? I mean, wouldn't they just have two smooth sides if a smooth side was supposed to be up?

Mike Henderson
01-22-2018, 7:54 PM
The smooth side is a lot easier to clean. I think the rough side is just to make the shelf visible.

Mike

John Lanciani
01-22-2018, 8:44 PM
Mine are smooth on both sides.