PDA

View Full Version : Where do I find patterns for gun stocks?

Malcolm Schweizer
01-22-2018, 1:25 PM
I want to make a gun stock for my brother, but I can't get the old stock to go by due to customs restrictions on importing gun parts. I'm wondering if anyone makes plans or publishes the dimensions for them? It would still be kind of hard to do without the rest of the gun, but I thought perhaps it could be done this way with proper dimensions.

William Adams
01-22-2018, 1:31 PM
There are a fair number of them on grabcad.com --- inletting the stock to the action can be kind of tricky w/o the firearm to test fit, but you can put that aspect off until last (which I believe is the traditional way to go about it).

Malcolm Schweizer
01-22-2018, 4:43 PM
Thanks, William. I will check that out. My brother is pretty resourceful and I'm thinking he could do some basic filing or shaping to make it fit. I know this will be an iffy adventure but I always wanted to make a gunstock.

Lee Schierer
01-25-2018, 7:35 AM
They make a pourable two par liquid that you mix together and pour into a cavity. When it sets up it can be pulled out and you have a prefect reproduction of the cavity. I don't recall the name of the stuff we used to use where I worked. He could remove the current stock and make a mold of the stock including the portion that fits into the action. Here is a similar product: https://www.polytek.com/product-type/polyurethane-mold-rubbers