PDA

View Full Version : Need to laser engrave baby rattles

Jeff Sudmeier
11-09-2005, 12:32 PM
Everyone,

Kelly and I had a baby girl, Addison Rose about a week ago.

I have made her a rattle, like I made my nephew. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in Laser engraving these with names, birth weights etc. I obviously would compensate you.

Please let me know via email or PM how much it would be, where to send, etc.

The baby rattles are small, made with Cherry in the center and black walnut on the outsides. They would be engraved in the center stripe, name, weight, length, date :)

Here is a link to the first one:
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=15639

And a baby pic :)

Lee DeRaud
11-09-2005, 1:10 PM
I'd love to help, but it looks like they're "round" enough that they'd need to get done on a rotary fixture...which I don't own. (Much as I'd like to use this as an excuse, they're about $800 for my machine. :eek: )

Keith? You listening?

Bruce Volden
11-09-2005, 1:14 PM
Jeff, I'm fairly certain the postage to get it here would run as much as the engraving, but I'll give it a go if you don't find anyone closer. I do lots of odd and ends and can honestly say I've never engraved a baby rattle!!??Bruce

Jerry Allen
11-09-2005, 6:03 PM
Jeff,
The rattle looks a little too small even for a rotary.

I have some wine stoppers I did which is pretty easy to do without a rotary fixture. That would make the job easier and cheaper and open up perhaps someone close to your home.

Bobby McCarley
11-09-2005, 8:30 PM
Jeff, congratulations on the new baby. You might check out a local trophy business around you. Some of them have laser machines. I found one near where I live and they have done several items, pens and wine goblets, for me and the price is reasonable.

I like the idea of the rattle and the engraving of it. My wife and I were just informed by our daughter and S.I.L that she is expecting, so I may borrow your rattle idea.

Bobby
Louisiana

John Shuk
11-09-2005, 9:01 PM
Jeff,
Congrats on the new addition. God Bless you all and hope Mommy is feeling well. I have a new addition on the way in January as well. Isn't it just the greatest felling?!