PDA

View Full Version : One More TRy

Ron Ainge
11-09-2005, 11:57 AM
I have tried to post some of my work in the past and I think that it size of the pics were too large. Thanks to Loy Hawes and John Hart for the help i think this time it will work. The spirals on the Christmas tree bulbs are my adaption of a class I took form Stuart Morttimer (I think that is how he spells his name). I hope you like them, but if not please advise me on the way to improve them. the red one is dyed Maple with ebonized finials. the other one is Myrtle wood from Oregan with walnut finials.

tod evans
11-09-2005, 12:05 PM
ron, i like your work just the way you`ve presented it. tod

John Hart
11-09-2005, 12:12 PM
Wow...very classy Ron! Glad you got yer pics figggered out.....And...Oh by the way....Welcome to the Creek!!

Keith Burns
11-09-2005, 12:13 PM
Ron those were definately worth the wait. They look super !! Great first post and welcome to the creek, You won't find a better bunch anywhere.

Ken Fitzgerald
11-09-2005, 12:21 PM
Ron.....gorgeous! I can see why you won the Dremel set. Welcome to the Creek!

Bill Stevener
11-09-2005, 4:30 PM
Hi Ron,
I just knew you would get the photo thing worked out. Your ornaments look great, I can see why they received a first place. I have not tried that style, but I will get after it.
Thanks for the photos, and a Big Warm Welcome to the Creek.
Great work, thanks again,
Bill.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:)

Mark Cothren
11-09-2005, 4:35 PM
Excellent ornaments!

Welcome!

Thanks for the pictures!

Ron Ainge
11-09-2005, 4:50 PM
Thanks for the positive comments form all of you that responded. I hope to improve on the picture quality as i get more experience with the digital. again thanks for the positive commemts:D

Loy Hawes
11-09-2005, 6:02 PM
Nice work Ron! If you need a program to manage your photos, give Picasa a look. I have very little experience with it. However, I hear it is a great program and Google offers it for free!

http://picasa.google.com/index.html

Jim Ketron
11-09-2005, 7:09 PM
Nice Job!
They look Great!

Bruce Shiverdecker
11-09-2005, 8:01 PM
Very interesting and easy to look at................."EYE CANDY"

Bruce

Ron Ainge
11-10-2005, 12:19 PM
Loy Thanks for the suggestion. I think that i will download it tonight at home.

Dick Parr
11-10-2005, 7:27 PM
Great looking ornaments Ron, keep the pictures coming and Welcome to the Creek.

Dick Parr
11-10-2005, 7:28 PM
Great looking ornaments Ron, keep the pictures coming and Welcome to the Creek.

Loy Hawes
11-10-2005, 8:16 PM
Ron,if you are looking for something that can resize very fast. Check out a tool Microsoft offers for free called Image Resizer. All you have to do is right click on the picture and then choose the size you want. Here is the link. The file is located towards the bottom of the page.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

Carole Valentine
11-10-2005, 11:13 PM
Ron, from what I can see, those are really beautiful ornaments. I would love to see a clear photo of them both. It looks like in order to get a small enough size you cut way down on the resolution. Do you have Photoshop by any chance? If so, try using the "Save for Web" feature. There, you can change the image size to 400 pixels in width (it will adjust the height accordingly) then you can "Optimize to file size" for 35 or 40 Kb (or whatever is allowed on SMC now) You will find that there is very little degradation of the optimized photo. Keep 'em coming!

Gary DeWitt
11-10-2005, 11:14 PM
Loy,
thanks for the tip on the software, I've been looking for just such a utility. Opening Photoshop and using their cumbersome "save for web" program is just too unwieldy. The MS program is very quick and great quality for the web.