PDA

View Full Version : Have you heard of......

Matthew Poeller
11-09-2005, 10:46 AM
Neiko router bits or toolprice.com.

They have some really good deals on some bits right now but I have never heard of them before. Is the price too good to be true? That is my first thought but I would like to hear opinions.

Thanks.

Matt Poeller

Steven Shelby
11-09-2005, 12:53 PM
Hey, Matt...
Never heard of either Neiko or toolprice.com. But I have a couple drawers filled with router bits that I bought because the price was too good to pass up... or so I thought. What's the saying about the bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the thrill of low prices? I would stick with what you trust: Freud, MLCS, etc. Enjoy!

Steve Clardy
11-09-2005, 3:18 PM
Haven't heard of them. I stick to the well known bits also. Whiteside, a few Freud.

Matthew Poeller
11-10-2005, 1:03 PM
Definitely what i was thinking but just wanted to check. The were advertised on the woodworkers journal e-zine.

I am pretty hard on my router bits too. I have wrecked a couple bits and projects due to my impatience. Luckily at no time was there a catastrphic failure. That is all I need a cheap router bit and a failure that really causes some damage.

I am getting better with my impatience problem too. It normally stems from limited time in the shop.