PDA

View Full Version : Mini Wood Gloat

Brian W Evans
01-20-2018, 3:00 PM
Not much compared to many of the gloats I've seen here, but I'm really pleased:

I just brought home 4 hard maple boards - three 5/4, one 8/4 - all 13" wide x 8' long. Just under $3/bf. Didn't need them that wide but at that price I don't mind ripping them down.

Best part? He also has cherry, birch, ash, hickory, oak, and a bunch of other domestics. All $3/bf, even 8/4, even extra wide. I just found my new hardwood supplier.

Jim Becker
01-20-2018, 3:37 PM
Very nice find, Brian.

And just because so many of us "live to be enablers", now you have an excuse to buy that nice, wide J/P to process the lumber without ripping it apart. :) :D

Brian W Evans
01-20-2018, 4:08 PM
Very nice find, Brian.

And just because so many of us "live to be enablers", now you have an excuse to buy that nice, wide J/P to process the lumber without ripping it apart. :) :D

Beat you to it... Got a 16" J/P combo last spring. :)

Believe me, I don't need anymore enabling!

Wade Lippman
01-20-2018, 5:25 PM
Guy near me advertiises the same deal on CL. I haven't needed any wood since I saw the ad, but am excited about the possibilities.

Jim Becker
01-20-2018, 8:25 PM
Beat you to it... Got a 16" J/P combo last spring. :)

Believe me, I don't need anymore enabling!

Kewel...so those beautiful wide boards can stay that way!!

Arthur Fleming
01-20-2018, 9:55 PM
Congrats! Should I be driving down from northern Ma.? LOL

Jerry Olexa
01-20-2018, 10:40 PM
Great Find!!! Congrats!!! w/envy....

Brian W Evans
01-21-2018, 8:22 AM
Congrats! Should I be driving down from northern Ma.? LOL

Actually he's in MA on the CT/RI/MA border. Likely a bit of a haul for you. Besides, you're near NH. My experience living in VT near NH is that you can't swing a cat in those parts without hitting a sawmill. Maybe that's only the northern part of the state, though.