PDA

View Full Version : Cermark on Glass Cups

Mr Mike Mills
01-19-2018, 11:49 AM
I am trying to use the Cermark LMC6044p Black Ceramic and Class Marking Spray. I am trying to do this on Glass Glasses. I have been playing around with settings, but I am not having luck.

If I go low speed low power the marking spray does not do anything.

If I go low speed medium power the marking spray seems to react to the heat, but does not stick to the glass.

If I go low speed high power the marking spray is burned off.

I have also tried doing many options with high speeds.

Any suggestion on using marking spray on a glass with rotary fixture.

I have had success with marking ceramic and Porcelain tiles.

Any Help would be great.

Thanks Mike

Keith Downing
01-19-2018, 2:15 PM
I had horrible results using the spay cans of that I bought as well. It seems from the posts on the ebay store(s) they don't even show especially good results on the example:

That's about what mine turned out like and I was horribly disappointed.

I've bought a couple of the liquid versions (as opposed to the aerosol can) as they had better reviews, but I haven't had a chance to really give them a try yet. Maybe this weekend I'll have some free time and give them a try if others don't chime in with better results in the meantime.

Trey Tull
01-19-2018, 2:38 PM
I haven't had good luck with it either.

Kev Williams
01-19-2018, 3:54 PM
never messed with the Cermark stuff on glass, but I have messed with a lot of glass- and one thing I've noticed with glass is that once engraved, subsequent engravings don't seem to make much difference...

Which leads me to ask you guys a question: Have you tried engraving the glass, then adding Cermark, and then repeating the engraving?

This of course would take some careful work, and a hot-dog rotary probably won't repeat engrave as reliably (if at all), but it just seem to me that the Cermark doesn't work the first time maybe because it's coming off with the glass as it's being fractured during the first pass, and might it might fuse better to roughened up first pass..?

Tim Moy
01-20-2018, 6:41 PM
We have similar problems. If customers want colour on glass we will take it to a screen or pad printer if the volumes are big enough.

Randy Audette
01-22-2018, 10:54 AM
I ran a test plate with different settings out of sheet glass, the shot glass was done on my rotary.
Epilog Fusion 60W

Keith Downing
01-22-2018, 3:42 PM
I ran a test plate with different settings out of sheet glass, the shot glass was done on my rotary.
Epilog Fusion 60W

Those results look reasonable enough.

Can you post which specific type of Cermark you used? And was it one of the aerosol cans or the paste?

Randy Audette
01-23-2018, 8:22 AM
Those results look reasonable enough.

Can you post which specific type of Cermark you used? And was it one of the aerosol cans or the paste?
I used the LMM6044 for glass and tile, "paste", airbrushed on. You may want to play with your "black" % settings in your graphics
as well.

Keith Downing
01-23-2018, 2:36 PM
I haven't gotten to trying my paste yet. I suspect it will work much better than the aerosol regardless. Thanks for the info.

Matthew Mann
01-26-2018, 10:41 AM
Epilog Fusion 60W

Thanks for posting this.

I have been having the same problem as everyone here. I went to the NBM Trade Show in Charlotte last year and talked to the reps of the company and they kept telling me that the person I needed to speak to was in a seminar all 3 times I tried to talk to him. They ended up scanning my badge and told me it sounded like I had a faulty can and that someone would contact me. Over a year later I have yet to hear from anyone.

Dennis Watson
01-27-2018, 5:42 PM
Cermark at the Charlotte NBM show? Didn't know they had a booth.

Anyway here is a video from LaserUniversity showing them using the liquid, not aerosol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC67XkEEOeA