PDA

View Full Version : Okay, there's something wrong with this picture

Dennis McDonaugh
11-08-2005, 9:16 PM
I ordered another LN chisel in September and it arrived today. Not complaining about the delivery time because I knew it would take 12 weeks. I wish I could just buy them all at once, but I order one every other month or so. There was a Popular Woodworking magazine in the box, the newest issue. I subscribe and I don't have the newest issue yet! I think that's just wrong. Shouldn't a paying subscriber get the magazine before LN can send it out free? BTW, if you get one every time you order a chisel, doesn't the chisel cost $44 instead of $50 and why the heck am I paying for the magazine?

Mark Singer
11-08-2005, 9:22 PM
I am waiting to get a chisel with my magazine....if its last months chisel ...thats ok:eek:

Martin Shupe
11-08-2005, 9:44 PM
Dennis,

One thing about those LN chisels, when you finally collect an entire set, you won't ever have to buy chisels again. (Except for the fishtail I am still waiting for them to design.) Seriously they are worth the wait, and they are making them as fast as they can. I was told they are very popular, which is why the long delivery delay.

I would call PW and find out if they mailed your mag. It is possible it got lost in the mail. If so, they will replace it immediately.

I hate it when you see the mag on the newstand, and it is still not in your mailbox.

Jim DeLaney
11-09-2005, 9:47 AM
...I would call PW and find out if they mailed your mag. It is possible it got lost in the mail. If so, they will replace it immediately.

I hate it when you see the mag on the newstand, and it is still not in your mailbox.

It's probably still in the mail. I just got my PW in yesterday's mail. It's been on the shelf at the local news stand for a couple weeks, though. Go figure...

Dennis McDonaugh
11-09-2005, 11:18 AM
Dennis,

One thing about those LN chisels, when you finally collect an entire set, you won't ever have to buy chisels again. (Except for the fishtail I am still waiting for them to design.) Seriously they are worth the wait, and they are making them as fast as they can. I was told they are very popular, which is why the long delivery delay.

I would call PW and find out if they mailed your mag. It is possible it got lost in the mail. If so, they will replace it immediately.

Martin, unfortunately, I have a serious illness. I'm addicted to chisels of all kinds and that got me into the position I am in now. After collecting 12 sets of differing vintages and quality I am no longer allowed to buy a whole set of chisels at a time. I have to sneak them into the shop one at a time and leave enough time in between to let the dust settle.;) If you know what I mean!

Jim Young
11-09-2005, 12:11 PM
Did anyone catch the fact that Dennis is ordering from LN every month? Even if it's just a $50 chissel, still impressive. My wife would hang me.

Dave Anderson NH
11-09-2005, 2:31 PM
I ordered my LN chisels from Tom when I was up at the factory in mid June. They arrived about a month ago and were definately worth the wait. Tom told me that they were fine on the deliveries while the chisels were only known by word of mouth, but once they publicized them and put them in the catalog they were in trouble. In June they only had the capability of producing 10 full sets of chisels per week and were awaiting more equipment and the new tooling required to expand production. My guess is that the equipment is now in place, but that they are still working on cleaning up a rather large backlog and working the kinks out of the new production system.