PDA

View Full Version : Woodpeckers 6SS Triangle

George Bokros
01-12-2018, 6:15 PM
Woodpeckers is offering these at a sale price of $99.99, what was the original price for this one-time tool, anyone know?

Thanks

Greg R Bradley
01-12-2018, 8:09 PM
$99.95
the “sale” is that you can buy a “one time tool”

Ted Derryberry
01-12-2018, 8:27 PM
I have a lot of Woodpecker's tools, and a decent number of "one time tools", but $99.00 for a glorified speed square is pushing it in my opinion. I guess if they can get it more power to them. Their prices have certainly curtailed my business with them the last few years though.

Ben Rivel
01-12-2018, 8:40 PM
You mean this one?

Meh, I say skip it and get this one if you must: LINK (https://www.woodcraft.com/products/woodpeckers-6-carpenters-square-with-inch-graduations)

Ted Derryberry
01-12-2018, 9:01 PM
Personally I'd go for the triangle set, 6" and 4.5" if I remember correctly, and 8" "try" square. I have all those and use each of them frequently.

Jason Lester
01-13-2018, 10:06 AM
I have their drill press table and think it was a good buy for the money. I also have that special one-time tool (Delve Square?) for marking mortises. Otherwise though, their prices really seem high on this stuff. It's definitely well made, but like others, I can't justify $100 for a square that is only marginally nicer than one I can get anywhere else for $20.

Mike Cutler
01-13-2018, 12:09 PM
Looks like a well made square, and the accuracy spec's are good enough for most wood working machine setups if you needed it for that.
Part of the price is the limited availability. Kind of like the Bridge City Toolworks items.

If you're looking to invest in a square for the shop. I would find a larger one than that. Pinnacle has a bigger triangle, but it's hard to get.
Brian Lamb, here on the board, makes the nicest square I've seen and used. It's a very high quality tool.

As far as the cost difference between a cheap aluminum, or plastic, big box store square, and one with a stated machined tolerance, that's up to the individual, how it's used, and what is important to them. That's the same with everything in wood working though. ;)