PDA

View Full Version : Scanning and Corel 12 help please

Rebecca Leedy
11-08-2005, 8:14 PM
Hi! I am trying to scan images to use in CorelDraw 12. When I use Corel trace to "vectorize" it, I am getting a double line which is causing my laser to vector twice..thus extending the laser time of my project. What am I doing wrong or how do I fix this.
Thanks in advance for the help

J Porter
11-08-2005, 9:04 PM
I'm not sure if I understand exactly what this is, but....

When you select an object to Trace, Trace opens up with that object on the left side. You perform your trace and then close Trace. You're asked if you want to save the changes. If Yes, you return to Draw and the Trace is sitting on top of the original object.

So my question... Are you then separating the two objects (the original from the Trace)? If not, I can see where you might get the 2 lines. Otherwise, I'd need a sample and your exact steps to help with this.

~Joe

Alan Young
11-08-2005, 10:28 PM
Trace will trace both sides of the line. You might need to use the trace to center option

Alan

Chris Cordina
11-09-2005, 1:29 PM
I have found centerline method to be very inacurate. It takes a little longer but I just go thru and delete all the double lines that I don't want. Sometimes its the inside ones and other times its the outside ones. I then change to nodes and clean up the picture.

Joe Pelonio
11-09-2005, 1:58 PM
When you are the point of having the double lines, look at them in wireframe and delete the one (inner or outer) that has the most
extra points, that will save you cleanup time.

Rebecca Leedy
11-09-2005, 3:31 PM
Thanks so much for your help everyone. I have fixed my problem by combining everyone's suggestions. You guys totally rock!!
Thanks again
Becky