PDA

View Full Version : Salmon fishing - FISH ON!

Fred Voorhees
11-08-2005, 8:01 PM
As promised, here are two pics from our weekend fishing trip to Oswego, NY. Mother Nature had mercy on us and dropped the river to fishable levels the day before we arrived and we had a great weekend with beautiful weather. An in-depth picture essay on the trip can be viewed at my web log at http://leatheruppers.blogspot.com/

Below are a picture of some salmon on my string and of a nice rainbow trout that was caught on Saturday morning.

Jim Becker
11-08-2005, 8:50 PM
Hot dang! Those look yummy, Uncle Fred!! ;) Seriously, 'glad you had a great time...I know it's nice annual event and when the weather cooperates, so much the better!

Dennis Peacock
11-09-2005, 12:11 AM
Woo-Wee..!!!! I love fresh fish and it can't get any better than that.!!!! I had the pleasure of catching and eating fresh Salmon when the LOML and I went up to Kodiak, AK for a visit of one of my old highschool buddies on a vacation trip. Relaxing and very tasty to boot!!!!:D

Congrats on some nice catches.

Vaughn McMillan
11-09-2005, 3:22 AM
I'm not much for eating them, but they're sure fun to catch. That's a great haul, Fred. I'll bet that salmon was quite a wrestling match.

- Vaughn

Dave Ray
11-10-2005, 1:43 PM
Fred, I know you had fun fishing, but you flat deserve it after all that work on the bar. What a project, great planning and super job. I really appreciate how you took us thru each phase of the job. Hope you packed some of those fish in the freezer in order to enjoy and relive your trip. :)

Dave

Ken Fitzgerald
11-10-2005, 2:10 PM
Congrats Fred! Woodworking, fishing, family and friends....best of life!

Jerry Clark
11-10-2005, 10:10 PM
Great catch Fred-- Thanks for sharing-- love fresh salmon.:rolleyes:

John Hart
11-10-2005, 10:20 PM
I haven't been Salmon fishing since I lived in the Aleutian Islands....Sure do miss it and you reminded me why!!!! Great fish and great pics Fred!

Ernie Kuhn
11-14-2005, 2:45 AM
Fred,
We have a few fish out here on the Columbia River in Eastern Washington, too.
Ernie

Doug Shepard
11-14-2005, 9:12 AM
I'm not much for eating them, but they're sure fun to catch. That's a great haul, Fred. I'll bet that salmon was quite a wrestling match.

- Vaughn

If you're not going to eat em, pack em in ice next catch you get and ship them to me. My cats would have an absolute orgasm.:D

Jim Becker
11-14-2005, 2:02 PM
If you're not going to eat em, pack em in ice next catch you get and ship them to me. My cats would have an absolute orgasm.

I gave him a subtle hint about that on Saturday...and who needs cats when it comes to fresh salmon?? ;)