PDA

View Full Version : Veterans Day Parade

Frankie Hunt
11-08-2005, 6:49 PM
We had our Veterans Day Parade in Bristol last week. Here are some pics for anyone who is interested.

These pictures are mostly of some of the cars that were in the parade. I thought of Steve Ash when I took the pictures of the Chevys and I thought I would share them, along with some other auto pictures. We had 3 high school bands (my 2 sons were in one) lots of motorcycles and tons of other stuff in the parade too. The parade was a very nice tribute to all of our Veterans.

Bristol is actually two cities. Bristol VA and Bristol TN. Our main street (where the pics were taken) is called State Street. One side of the yellow line (right side) is Bristol VA. The other side (left side) is Bristol TN. These are 2 independant cities, with two police forces, two mayors, two schools systems, etc....

The Bristol Motor Speedway is on the TN side. We are also the birth place of Country Music. The Carter Family is from this area. Ralph Stanley is from a nearby town too. Mount Airy NC is not too far from here either, a little over an hours drive, that is the town that Mayberry is modeled after.

Frankie

Frankie Hunt
11-08-2005, 7:02 PM
Here is a VERY fast food buggy. It doesn't fit very well in the grocery store though! Food City is a local grocery chain. They sponser one of the races at Bristol Motor Speedway. John Boy and Billy (radio personalities on a lot of southern radio stations) almost wrecked the buggy one year doing laps on the track!

Frankie Hunt
11-08-2005, 7:06 PM
Here are a few more.

Rob Littleton
11-08-2005, 7:55 PM
Very neat. Thanks for sharing.

Bruce Shiverdecker
11-08-2005, 8:26 PM
Thanks..............WE need to remember and to support those who give so we don't have to!

Bruce