PDA

View Full Version : I'm a bad boy.....

Bob Noles
11-08-2005, 2:03 PM
Went in to the office this morning at my ususal time and about 2 hours later I just could not stand it anymore. Forcast 82* here in Atlanta today so I informed my secretary that I was leaving for the day to do some future planning.

What I failed to mention was the planning was going to be in my shop :D

Feel like a kid playing hooky from school and keep waiting for the truent officer to show up on the door step ;)

Saw dust is fixin to fly. Best wishes for a great day to everyone.

Dan Oliphant
11-08-2005, 2:06 PM
Good for you Bob, enjoy the day off.

Ray Arnold
11-08-2005, 2:14 PM
I think I may be haveing eye problems Friday, Just can't see going to work:D

Mike Cutler
11-08-2005, 2:15 PM
You only have to duck the truant officer for another hour or two, and your safe.

My old supervisor used to call your condition, "Optical Rectalitus" (Can't see dragging your buns to work).

Have fun with the day.

Scott Donley
11-08-2005, 2:36 PM
Way to go Bob! I did the same thing about 6 mo. ago and haven't gone back yet ! (or ever for that matter!)

wallace chapman
11-08-2005, 3:03 PM
Went in to the office this morning at my ususal time and about 2 hours later I just could not stand it anymore. Forcast 82* here in Atlanta today so I informed my secretary that I was leaving for the day to do some future planning.

What I failed to mention was the planning was going to be in my shop :D

Feel like a kid playing hooky from school and keep waiting for the truent officer to show up on the door step ;)

Saw dust is fixin to fly. Best wishes for a great day to everyone.

I'm also in Atlanta, I can't believe this is November.

I actually ate lunch outside today with my coworkers. definitely should have taken the day off.....for a ......continuous pain in my back...yeah, that's it.

Tyler Howell
11-08-2005, 3:11 PM
Kinda did the same thing..... Had all the fun I could stand!;)

Scott Berg
11-08-2005, 3:19 PM
Thanks for rubbing it in while I sit here cooped up in my office! Here in Denver it is 75 and blue skies. Makes me want to cry..

Dan Gill
11-08-2005, 3:35 PM
Those of you who have a job to play hooky from, be thankful. I've been out of work since June, and things are not looking terribly hopeful at the moment. I don't mind not working, but I sure miss the income . . .

John Gregory
11-08-2005, 3:38 PM
I have two PTO (Paid Time Off) days left this year and they are burning a hole in my pocket so to speak LOL

Don Baer
11-08-2005, 3:38 PM
Well I took a long lunch today so I could do some lumber shopping. I scored 13 bd.ft. of 8/4 maple 10" wide for $75. Now reading your post I'm thinking that I may need to knock off early so I can get started on my next project.;)

Tom Conger
11-08-2005, 4:38 PM
I took a two hour lunch here in Atlanta also. Ate outside. Maybe you were at the table next to me Wallace.

It's a shame to be inside on a day like this....

Steve Beadle
11-08-2005, 4:38 PM
My brother's there in Atlanta, too. With this kind of weather he's probably not in his shop, but out for a drive in the Corvette. Me? Here in Portland, Oregon, I had to scrape off the first ice from the windshield this morning. I've got a three-day weekend coming up, but I'll have to fire up the heater for the shop. But I like the cooler weather for shop time. ANY weather is good weather for being in the shop!

Alan Turner
11-08-2005, 4:48 PM
Yep, today was largely a hooky day. Went to a tool auction and scored an 1960's vintage Delta drill press, foot actuated, variable speed (2 ranges), 15", very clean, and pretty heavy. 6" throw. 3 phase. I know that this does not count as there are no pix. Oh well.

Roy Wall
11-08-2005, 5:48 PM
I played golf!!!:) (the other slippery slope.......)

Andy Hoyt
11-08-2005, 5:56 PM
I voted early. And I voted often! Also made a very impressive pile of shavings with the lathe today. The pile on the floor is much better looking than what stayed chucked up!

John Miliunas
11-08-2005, 6:02 PM
I voted early. And I voted often! Also made a very impressive pile of shavings with the lathe today. The pile on the floor is much better looking than what stayed chucked up!

Kinda' reminds me of the last thing I had on my lathe. In that case, I almost up-chucked!:D :cool:

Bernie Weishapl
11-08-2005, 6:45 PM
Good for you Bob. I walked in Monday morning and told my secretary, "don't call me I will call you." Told her I would see her next Monday. Like ya say saw dust is flyin. Makin a portable roll around cart for my bench top table saw with some storage below for my sanders and one of my routers. Just finished putting in the DC port. Hopefully will finish it this week between fixing a clock or two.

Jim Dannels
11-08-2005, 11:38 PM
Well er I kinda done that today myself. I`t don`t quite seem right to have over 300 hrs of sick time banked up when its 70 degrees in november, so I called in sick of work.
Cleaned the shop and hauled one load of trash and one of brush to the dump. mowed the lawn and put the cadet away for winter.