PDA

View Full Version : Craftsman Table saw

Byron Trantham
11-08-2005, 12:46 PM
My brother-in-law bought the Craftsman hybrid table saw. We were trying to align the blade to the miter slot using a TS Aligner Jr. If was out about .009". We spent a good bit of time trying to align it and had a heck of a time. Has any of the owners of this saw tried to make this adjustment? We loosened three of the four trunnion bolts and banged away. It just didn't seem to move in a predictable direction. Ultimately we THINK we have it but we sure wish we could have been more positive about the method.

Scott Donley
11-08-2005, 1:03 PM
Your problem might be that you adjust the top, not the trunnion, 4 bolts- 2 on the inside and 2 on the outside of the cabinet.

Ed Bamba
11-08-2005, 1:11 PM
I had a problem with my top not being far enough to the left. The blade would nick the throat plate when placed at the 45 degree angle. I ended up having to ream out the table mounting holes at the top of the cabinet. This was a pain since I had the wings and the Bies fence already installed. It could use a bit more tweaking to make it perfect, which I will do in the future. I wasn't happy about having to do the mod.

Take Care, Ed

Bruce Page
11-08-2005, 1:15 PM
I went through the same frustrations with my old Craftsman TS. It was a hit or miss process but I finally did get it within a few thousandths and called it good.

Michael Adelong
11-08-2005, 8:41 PM
I used the align-it on my 22124. I was able to get it set to .001", but it took me a whole morning of playing around with it to get it there.

Do not move the trunions unless you have to.

I got the best results by loosening all 4 bolts that hold the table to the cabinet. Like Scott said, there are 2 on the left outside of the cabinet, and 2 on the right inside of the cabinet. There are rubber grommets surrounding the bolts between the table and the cabinet. Loosen them as little as possible to keep the rubber somewhat compressed. Otherwise, you'll have a dead on alignment until you tighten the bolts which shifts the table.

Once you get the bolts loosened just enough, you will be able to bump it into alignment. I used a dead blow mallet to tap on it. Tighten the bolts evenly - 1/4 to 1/2 turn on each one working your way around them.

Mike

scott spencer
11-08-2005, 9:12 PM
There were no alignment instructions in my 22124 manual, but I loosened all 4 of the bolts slightly and tapped the table to align it. I was able to get it within 0.001" within 10 minutes....it was immensely easier than aligning my contractor saw.