PDA

View Full Version : Tormek Accessories

Keith Melick
06-25-2003, 8:04 PM
I know there are several of you that have the Tormek grinder, as do I. I am getting the woodturners set and am open to suggestions of other items. I am particuliary interested in information regarding the SVH-320 Jointer & Planer Blade Attachment. Does it do a good job, are you happy with it, and would you recommend it.

Ron Meadows
06-25-2003, 8:41 PM
Keith,

I've had and used the jointer/planer knife jig for a couple years now. Works really well and I haven't sent a single planer/jointer knife out to be sharpened since I got it. One word of caution though....make sure you true up the stone before attempting to sharpen with this jig. If the stone isn't flat you'll get a big mess (DAMHIKT)

Ron

Ian Barley
06-26-2003, 2:13 AM
I also have the planer knife jig and use it a lot. Because it is the only thing I use the Tormek for I leave it set up all the time and it makes it a 5 minute job to put an edge on a set of three knives.

There is no doubt this machine is expensive but the time it saves in not having to run back and forth to saw doctor easily justifies it for me.

Steven Wilson
06-26-2003, 3:08 PM
The SVH-320 works well but I just find it easier to send my jointer/planer blades out for sharpening. You might want to get another SVS-50 jig (or see if Sharp Tools has any SVS-40 jigs left). I use an SVS-40 jig for roughing gouges and parting tools and leave my SVS-50 set up for skew chisels. An SVS-32 is usefull too.