PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy Bandsaw Blades

Ted Baxter
01-04-2018, 1:46 PM
I am looking for good source to buy bandsaw blades I need some for resawing and also for green wood sawing for bowl blanks.

Dennis Heskett
01-04-2018, 2:48 PM
I am looking for good source to buy bandsaw blades I need some for resawing and also for green wood sawing for bowl blanks.

I like sawblade.com

Chris Stephenson
01-04-2018, 2:50 PM
I used Timber Wolf, they sell assortment packs for green and dry wood:
http://timberwolfblades.com/Blade-Selector.php#3

carl mesaros
01-04-2018, 3:05 PM
I have had great luck with the woodturners blade from Highland woodworking.They are half again as thick as regular blades so won't break nearly as easy.

John Beaver
01-04-2018, 3:37 PM
I like the Lenox blades from toolcenter.com
Diemaster 2 for dry wood
#32 Wood for wet wood

Steve Nix
01-04-2018, 4:07 PM
Try Ellis saw Blades, 1-800-383-5547. Just call and tell them what length and tpi you need. Great Blades and service at a affordable price.

Bob Bouis
01-04-2018, 4:29 PM
Where to buy the blades depends on what kind of saw you have (and therefore what kind of blades would work best).

If you have a standard 14" saw that's one thing; 24" would be something else entirely.

Ted Baxter
01-04-2018, 7:49 PM
Thanks for your help

Bill Blasic
01-05-2018, 5:38 AM
Best place I have found is http://www.woodcraftbands.com/

Curt Harms
01-05-2018, 6:48 AM
Another possibility - Supercut bandsaw. One day I'm going to try their resaw blades.

http://www.supercutbandsaw.com/products.html

John Keeton
01-05-2018, 7:19 AM
Best place I have found is http://www.woodcraftbands.com/I have purchased from these folks for years and the service and quality is excellent, as is the pricing.

Reed Gray
01-05-2018, 11:12 AM
When I got my first bandsaw, 25 years ago, and before I was a turner, a house building contractor told me to go to a local saw shop and talk to the guy in the back. Best thing I ever did... I have been using the Lennox bimetal diemaster blades ever since. They make them to length. The thing about the bimetal blades is that they cut longer and straighter than any other blade I have seen, and when friends try them, they switch. They can be sharpened, again at a local saw shop very cheaply, and I can usually get several sharpenings with them. Eventually they break. Money wise, they cost more, but I get way more back from the money spent than I do if I get the cheap blades. I did see some one post about pallet cutting blades which are bimetal, and they use M42HSS for the teeth. Not sure what the Lennox uses. For sure if I hit a nail, it slows it down a little, but doesn't ruin the blade, and they can be resharpened. Tell whoever you buy your blades from what you are cutting and they will tell you what you need..

robo hippy

George Guadiane
01-05-2018, 11:55 AM
Suffolk Machine's Timberwolf blades have always been great for me.

John Keeton
01-05-2018, 12:27 PM
George, I used the Timberwolf blades for 2-3 years until I switched to the ones sold by Woodcraftbands. I prefer them to the Timberwolf, but that is just my impression. I would point out that Woodcraftbands also sells the Lenox bimetal blades.

Phil Rose
01-05-2018, 5:27 PM
I tried Woodcraft Bands for my last order, and was very impressed with the quality of the blades received and the service during the sale. I will purchase from then next time, no question.

James Combs
01-06-2018, 7:38 PM
I like the Lenox blades from toolcenter.com
Diemaster 2 for dry wood
#32 Wood for wet wood

+1 on the Lenox Diemaster. Same blade I use and I can attest to their cutting ability. Re-sawing some old Oak timbers from an old covered bridge, cut through a 1/4 steel spike twice and didn't even know it until I was looking at the planks. Didn't phase the blade at all and that was three years ago.

Peter Blair
01-07-2018, 11:09 AM
I too agree with he Lenox Diemaster. A little more costly perhaps but best blades I have used i my 50 odd years of woodworking!