PDA

View Full Version : Router speed control dial jammed straight from the box (Bosch MR23EVS)

Rick Overson
01-03-2018, 5:44 PM
<p>
I bought a factory refurbished router (Bosch MR23EVS) six months ago and I finally got around to unboxing it and setting it up and I realized that the speed control is jammed. It looks like when it was reassembled that the plastic indicator on the dial that is supposed to surround the number was not aligned properly during reassembly and that part is snagged below the casing of the router. I have tried to pry it loose and bend the housing slightly to get it around but it will not budge. Because of this I cannot twist it up to the proper location (to number 1) because the indicator catches on the housing. I contacted Bosch and they want me to mail it to a certified repair shop but I thought I would check in case someone had seen this before and maybe it was an easy fix. I thought about taking the top off the router but the screws are what look like 6 pointed star screw heads in deeply recessed holes and I wasn&#39;t sure what screw driver that was even after some googling. Thanks in advance!</p>

Osvaldo Cristo
01-03-2018, 7:08 PM
If it is on warranty I would not touch it, otherwise if you have some experience with electrical stuff it doesn't look me difficult and I personally would give a try. I have the "European equivalent" Bosch 1600 CE...

All the best,

Curt Harms
01-04-2018, 9:48 AM
Osvaldo gives good advice IMO. I don't know if the warranty on reconditioned is different from new but I'd certainly expect it to be covered for a year. You didn't buy it to fix it and you bought a quality brand. It should be right out of the box.

Nick Decker
01-04-2018, 10:46 AM
I'm still wondering how somebody buys a router and doesn't open it for six months, but that's probably just me. :)

Rick Overson
01-04-2018, 12:21 PM
Okay thanks everyone! Good advice!

Rick Overson
01-04-2018, 12:25 PM
<p>

I&#39;m still wondering how somebody buys a router and doesn&#39;t open it for six months, but that&#39;s probably just me. :) I know. I am certainly kicking myself now :) It is unusual for me as well but I bought a house and am trying to set up a woodshop and things got away from me :) I think it is still under warranty for a year even though it was refurbished so I should still be good.</p>

Rick Overson
01-04-2018, 12:29 PM
<p>
all of my apostrophes are turning up as a weird html tag code for some reason and my text is getting surrounded by paragraph html tags...strange</p>

Nick Decker
01-05-2018, 5:12 AM
The apostrophe thing seems to surface randomly. I don't know of anything I'm doing differently, but it comes and goes. Annoying.

Rick Overson
01-05-2018, 7:38 PM
okay! good to know I&#39;m not the only one&mdash;tried a lot of things but couldn&#39;t fix it.