PDA

View Full Version : Hooking Up Rotary

Terry Wade
01-03-2018, 5:28 PM
My Nice Cut laser that I got back in the summer did not come with a rotary. I have purchased a new rotary to hook up that has 3 conductors like the x - y stepper motors on the machine. On the laser I have a brown, black and blue wires going to the Y axis stepper motor, the new rotary attachment has a red, green and yellow wires. How should I match the wires up or does it even matter?

Thanks Guy's

Terry Wade

Bill George
01-04-2018, 8:25 AM
My Nice Cut laser that I got back in the summer did not come with a rotary. I have purchased a new rotary to hook up that has 3 conductors like the x - y stepper motors on the machine. On the laser I have a brown, black and blue wires going to the Y axis stepper motor, the new rotary attachment has a red, green and yellow wires. How should I match the wires up or does it even matter?

Thanks Guy's

Terry Wade
Your 4 wire is the standard 2 phase stepper, the 3 wire one is more than likely a 3 phase one. Not going to work.

Terry Wade
01-04-2018, 5:57 PM
Both of the existing stepper motors are 3 wire as is the new rotary attachment stepper motor. The folks I got the new rotary from ask me if my existing stepper motors were 3 or 4 wire and told me that they had to match to the existing drives for it to work so all the drives are 3 wire, I am just trying to figure out exactly how I need to go about hooking it up.

Thank You,
Terry Wade

Bill George
01-04-2018, 6:23 PM
Both of the existing stepper motors are 3 wire as is the new rotary attachment stepper motor. The folks I got the new rotary from ask me if my existing stepper motors were 3 or 4 wire and told me that they had to match to the existing drives for it to work so all the drives are 3 wire, I am just trying to figure out exactly how I need to go about hooking it up.

Thank You,
Terry Wade
Boy did I miss that one!. Since its 3 phase if its going the wrong direction, just reverse any two wires, with the power off of course. To make sure however, check with the folks that sold it to you.