PDA

View Full Version : Rockwell-Delta Super 900 radial arm saw

Ray Consilvio
01-02-2018, 5:56 PM
Can someone advise me as to where I can obtain an operators manual for this saw and parts supplier. I have had this saw for years but now it's in need of some attention. I love the saw and would like to rebuild it. Thanks. Ray Consilvio

Harold Weaver
01-02-2018, 8:01 PM
Go over to Vintagemachinery.com or OWWM.com. The folks over there can help. Free to join. I get all my old machine manuals from thr VM site.

Frankie Hunt
01-02-2018, 9:15 PM
Several manuals listed in this list:

http://vintagemachinery.org/mfgindex/detail.aspx?id=1141&tab=3&sort=1&th=false&fl=Radial%20Arm%20Saws

Bruce Zurbuchen
01-04-2018, 12:06 PM
Several years ago I contacted Delta about spare parts for mine. Was amazed what they still had. They even sent me a copy of the manual.

Ed Labadie
01-04-2018, 1:28 PM
Several years ago I contacted Delta about spare parts for mine. Was amazed what they still had. They even sent me a copy of the manual.

That is no longer the case.....the new Chinese owned Delta doesn't support anything.

Ebay, a wtb on owwm or a parts saw are the only options for anything other than bearings.

the 900 series were a bulletproof little saw, can't imagine needing much for it other than bearings.

Ed

Rush Paul
01-04-2018, 1:35 PM
Ray, another source for general advice is the "DeWalt" Radial Arm Saw Forum (http://forums.delphiforums.com/woodbutcher). While folks there are largely heavy iron DeWalt RAS users, there are quite a few Delta/Rockwell owners posting as well. Much of the information translates from DeWalt to Delta in any event. Just post a question and you'll get people trying to help you.

Ray Consilvio
01-06-2018, 8:23 AM
Thank you guys.I was able to locate a manual on e-bay, haven't received it yet but looking forward so I can learn more about the saw and what I might need to recondition.Incidentally, while I was searching I got a pop up from Amazon and discovered that I could have gotten a manual from them from an outside seller, probably same guy that is sending mine.

Will Allen
01-06-2018, 2:27 PM
That is no longer the case.....the new Chinese owned Delta doesn't support anything. Ebay, a wtb on owwm or a parts saw are the only options for anything other than bearings. the 900 series were a bulletproof little saw, can't imagine needing much for it other than bearings. Ed

You got that right. Last year I was looking for a cutterhead for my porta-plane. No such thing. Same with some router parts. They want you to buy a new Chinese tool that will last a few years and then throw it away.