PDA

View Full Version : Dewalt 735 slipping

Nancy Strevelowski
01-02-2018, 11:23 AM
Hi there, my dewalt 735 planer is slipping on feeding stock, what is the best way to deal with this? take apart and clean the roller, what can be done to get it back to the origional tackyness?

thanks for the help!

Nancy

Art Mann
01-02-2018, 11:48 AM
My Ridgid TP1300 planer used to do the same thing. It was always caused by residue collecting on the rubber feed rollers and making them slick. Many times, I used regular old isopropyl alcohol to clean the rollers and they worked as good as new. That is just what I had on hand when the problem developed. Mineral spirits or a number of other shop solvents would probably work as well or better. Try cleaning and see if that works.

Prashun Patel
01-02-2018, 12:04 PM
Use DNA or IPA to clean the rollers. Then wax the bed. Wax the bed frequently. Does wonders. Beware of anything more aggressive than MS on the rollers. Some solvents can make the rubber soft and permanently sticky.

Mike Henderson
01-02-2018, 3:02 PM
I can't add much to what's been said above, but sometimes when your blades get dull you can get the same symptoms. But do the cleaning with alcohol and wax the bed first.

When cleaning the rollers, watch that you don't come in contact with the blades.

Mike

[You don't have to take the unit apart to clean the rollers. Unplug first. Crank to a high position. Use alcohol to clean the exposed part of the rollers. Plug back in and turn on for a second. Check to see that the rollers didn't wind up in the same location. If so, turn on again for a second. If new parts of the rollers are exposed, unplug the unit, clean the exposed part of the rollers. Repeat until you get the whole roller(s) cleaned. Make sure you keep your fingers away from the blades when wiping the rollers.]

Jerry Wright
01-02-2018, 4:38 PM
I spray the bed with dry lube. Works great and is necessary. Saves the rubber rolls.