PDA

View Full Version : Engraving on Nambe metal products

Delbert Rippetoe
01-02-2018, 9:54 AM
Has anyone laser engraved any nambe metal products? Can cermark be used to engrave on these metal products?

Thanks
Deeb

Keith Downing
01-02-2018, 3:19 PM
Never heard of them, but this is directly off their website:

Most Nambé alloy and crystal items can be personalized.

Our crystal items are personalized through a process called laser etching, which produces a result very similar to sandblasting. We create a high-resolution image of your message and turn it over to our personalization experts, who use a computerized laser to create your message onto the surface of your Nambé purchase.

For our Nambé Alloy products, the laser-etch process is followed by sandblasting for impressively sharp edges.

So my guess would be a fiber would work and you'll probably get mixed results with cermark.

Delbert Rippetoe
01-02-2018, 4:28 PM
Keith,

Thanks for your response. We don't have a fiber so I think I will pass.

Gary Hair
01-02-2018, 6:35 PM
Nambe is just an aluminum alloy trying to be fancy... I have marked them with my fiber but doubt you'll have much luck with Cermark, too much metal that acts as a very good heat sink. If you have at least 80 watts you might be able to do it but I'd do some testing first.

Keith Downing
01-02-2018, 6:46 PM
Nambe is just an aluminum alloy trying to be fancy... I have marked them with my fiber but doubt you'll have much luck with Cermark, too much metal that acts as a very good heat sink. If you have at least 80 watts you might be able to do it but I'd do some testing first.

This was my suspicion, but i didn't want to guess just based on the look and descriptions.