PDA

View Full Version : RIP Sue Grafton

Mark Blatter
12-31-2017, 1:10 PM
Has not been widely reported, and many may not know who she is, but Sue Grafton passed away a few days ago. She wrote the Alphabet Mysteries series of books. Just had the letter Y published this fall.

My wife and I enjoyed her books over the years. In fact we named our youngest after Grafton's main character, Kinsey Millhone. The name seemed to fit and still does.

John K Jordan
12-31-2017, 2:03 PM
Has not been widely reported, and many may not know who she is, but Sue Grafton passed away a few days ago. She wrote the Alphabet Mysteries series of books. Just had the letter Y published this fall.
My wife and I enjoyed her books over the years. In fact we named our youngest after Grafton's main character, Kinsey Millhone. The name seemed to fit and still does.

Oh no. My wife is sad. She has read all of the books except "Y".

JKJ

Scott Donley
12-31-2017, 2:11 PM
I just put "Y" on the waiting list for my Kindle at the Library. I am number 87, it is a shame there will never be a Z.

Mark Blatter
12-31-2017, 2:23 PM
"I just put "Y" on the waiting list for my Kindle at the Library. I am number 87, it is a shame there will never be a Z."

It is. Sue Grafton was adamant that her books would not be turned into TV or movies and that a ghost writer never be used. Her daughter said that as of now, the alphabet ends with Y.

I have not read Y yet, but will.

Jerome Stanek
12-31-2017, 2:46 PM
I helped my SIL collect the full series then I get to read them

Lee Schierer
12-31-2017, 6:55 PM
My wife just finished "Y" she has read every single one.

Shawn Pixley
01-01-2018, 10:27 AM
Very sad. My wife and I started with A Is For Alibi and read as they came out. After our son was born, we didn’t make the time anymore. We need to go back and read the later books.