PDA

View Full Version : Spending Sunday with 195,000 friends

Bruce Page
11-07-2005, 9:53 PM
The Wife & I went to the Dickies 500 cup race in Dallas / Ft. Worth yesterday. We had a BLAST! Now to start on the 199 new messages… I’ll never make it.

Jim Hager
11-07-2005, 10:08 PM
I hope you said hi to my daughter and her fiance while you were there. I would also like to know what you thought of him. We haven't met him yet:( They are supposed to come home next month though.

Bruce Page
11-07-2005, 10:25 PM
Jim, if he's the guy I'm thinking of, you will be delighted. If he was the guy six rows down from us, get the whooping stick out now! :eek:

Dennis Peacock
11-08-2005, 12:28 AM
Jim, if he's the guy I'm thinking of, you will be delighted. If he was the guy six rows down from us, get the whooping stick out now! :eek:

Bruce,

If Jim ain't gotta whoopin' stick, I'll be glad to lend him one of mine out of my private stock.:eek: :rolleyes: :p

Lee DeRaud
11-08-2005, 12:34 AM
The Wife & I went to the Dickies 500 cup race in Dallas / Ft. Worth yesterday.Yabbut didya go deer hunting first?:D :p
(http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=25943)

Frankie Hunt
11-08-2005, 6:03 PM
Hey Bruce,

I invited all my friends over but no one showed up......

Frankie Hunt
11-08-2005, 6:08 PM
...then I remembered that I invited them over to the other place.

Bruce Page
11-08-2005, 7:44 PM
Hey Bruce,

I invited all my friends over but no one showed up......
You didn't invite me! Bristol is on my dream list!

(I'm not much of a football fan. ;) )

Frankie Hunt
11-09-2005, 7:02 PM
I took the speedway pictures about a week before this years spring race. I was setting up one of the booths. The pictures are taken about 10 feet in front of my van's nose, you can see the light from the entrance. I am parked under the seating. My son's high school soccer team runs two booths for the Speedway as their fund raiser. The racetrack supplies everything except the labor, the team supplies that. This is the inside booth. We have another one that is outside the gate.

The Tennessee football picture was taken at the TN/Ole Miss game this year.

Bruce Page
11-09-2005, 8:36 PM
Yep, I dropped a few bucks at booths that looked just like that...

Gregg Mason
11-09-2005, 9:07 PM
It was a great race Bruce. Hope you enjoyed it.

I went to my first race last year at Darlington for the final running of the Southern 500 at Darlington. Now I'm hooked. It was really cool because I had garage and pit passes. I spent a few hours right in the garage watching crews working on the cars and the nascar folks were doing thier inspections. I have a bunch of pictures still to be developed, I just put a few rolls in, finally. One of me sitting on the inside wall of the start/finish line and another cool one inside victory lane. And a bunch standing with the cars in the garage and pit area. I couldn't believe they allow that kind of access. I was practically leaning on the cars and poking my head inside to look at them. It was a really cool experience, especially for a first race.

Gregg Mason
11-09-2005, 9:08 PM
You had nice seats too.