PDA

View Full Version : Nova Vacuum Adapter?

Thomas Heck
12-29-2017, 11:45 AM
I have found on eBay and a couple other sites a vacuum adapter similar to the one nova discontinued. Does anyone use these or know if they work well. I have the holdfast system and use their adapter. This looks simpler. I also see one at craft supplies USA that is made different. Not sure if it will work with the nova hand wheel. Thanks for any info you can give.

Sid Matheny
12-29-2017, 3:47 PM
I have used mine for several years and if has never failed me.

Thomas Heck
12-29-2017, 4:04 PM
Thanks for the reply. I sent you a message.

Tom Hartranft
12-30-2017, 3:07 PM
Tom,

I bought my vacuum adapter (PN LL-VAK) from KVS Tools in Canada about 4 years ago and it functions quite well and is easily/quickly added or removed from the hand wheel of my Nova DVR/XP lathe. I see that it is now available via Amazon ... https://www.amazon.com/Vacuum-Adaptor-Lathe-Handwheels-DVR2024/dp/B01EIKSNLK .

Regards,

Tom

PS ... There is one 'reviewer' comment on the Amazon site that I offer you my added feedback ...

Reviewer comment: "The bearing sleeve had an extra hole in it that had no apparent purpose. I had to seal it with epoxy to use the adapter. I also placed an O-ring into the lathe handle to seal the bearing when inserted "

My feedback: My bearing sleeve does not have any holes in it. I do not use epoxy on my bearing adapter. I do not use an O-ring with my bearing / lathe handle mating. I have no vacuum leakage. Simple and clean installation.

Thomas Heck
12-30-2017, 7:12 PM
Thanks for the info Tom. I ordered it. They said it was the last one in stock. I may have a few more questions for you when it gets here. Thanks again.

Tom Hartranft
01-04-2018, 12:15 PM
Ref your PM request for couple of photos of my vacuum plumbing with the Nova DVR/XP lathe handle vacuum adapter.

Regards,

Tom
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++

Thomas Heck
01-04-2018, 1:46 PM
Thanks for the pictures. That helps a lot.

Thomas Heck
01-05-2018, 9:15 AM
Did you tap the adapter to screw in the fitting? My adapter doesn't have threads, so I thought about tapping it for a fitting? Thanks, Thomas

Tom Hartranft
01-05-2018, 12:45 PM
RE: "Did you tap the adapter to screw in the fitting? My adapter doesn't have threads."

I don't know what you are describing. The Amazon listing for the adapter (see above hyperlink) includes 3 photos ... one of the photos shows pipe threads already taped in the end of the adapter extension that your hose adapter will screw into. Same with the adapter that I have.

Thomas Heck
01-09-2018, 7:28 PM
I ended up getting one that hadn't been tapped. The seller is taking care of it. Thanks for all your help.

Tom Hartranft
01-13-2018, 4:12 PM
Ok ... now I understand. Mine was threaded and the photo on Amazon shows pipe threads at the end. Hadn't occurred to me that there wouldn't be pipe threads there.

Good that your seller is making it right for you ... bummer that you have to wait it out.

Regards,

Tom