PDA

View Full Version : Handy little light

Rick Potter
12-27-2017, 11:33 AM
Shopped the left overs at HD yesterday, and found packs of two small lights for $10. They look like normal light switches, but have LED's and take triple A's. They are made to just stick on a wall, and were located in the Christmas tool section.

This is the perfect answer to needing some light in my garden shed for when I feed the dogs after dark. I have tried hanging a flashlight, and an electric lantern that belongs in another shed. Now I can flip the switch, get the chow and turn it off. Only using it a few moments a night should make the batteries last a while, and it is all the light I need to keep from tripping over stuff in the way.....like the dogs.

They also had some Eveready D-Cell LED lanterns for about $24, that I almost bought. The one I missed was HD on-line was selling Milwaukee 12V lanterns, including a 3AHr battery and charger for $59. I kept trying but they sold out within minutes. That is what I really want, since I am heavily invested in Milwaukee 12V stuff. Maybe someday.

John K Jordan
12-27-2017, 12:45 PM
Shopped the left overs at HD yesterday, and found packs of two small lights for $10. They look like normal light switches, but have LED's and take triple A's. They are made to just stick on a wall, ...

I agree - those lights are great. I've been using a few of those around the farm in sheds and places, even one in the back of the walk-in pantry in the house - the farm and tractor stores have been carrying them for a while. (LEDs certainly have come a long way in brightness in 10 years) The double sided tape is fairly wimpy so the second pack I found had slotted screw holes - much better.

For the hay storage buildings and places where I need to see but don't need much light I like the motion activated LED lights that use four D-cell batteries. The first one is still on the first batteries after six years. Wouldn't be very good in a shed where dogs hang out!

JKJ

Malcolm Schweizer
12-27-2017, 1:11 PM
That's what we are using in the bathroom while the power is out. They work well, but I sure wish they used AA instead of AAA- I don't keep a lot of AAA batteries on hand. They only put out enough light to- um- well- "aim" with. Not a whole lot of light.

Perry Hilbert Jr
12-27-2017, 1:36 PM
Free with any purchase at HF with the coupon

Rich Engelhardt
12-30-2017, 5:13 AM
The HF ones are a little different.
Still good though - for the price they are :D.

Those switch type ones show up at the closeout stores a lot.
We paid something like $.99 each for them last time we bought some.