PDA

View Full Version : How to identify my compass plane

Lasse Hilbrandt
12-26-2017, 11:47 AM
I think I have a Stanley no 113, but there are no makers mark on it anywhere. Only on the Iron it says American MFG. co.

Does anybody know how to tell if it is a Stanley or what else it could be ?

Patrick Chase
12-26-2017, 12:06 PM
I think I have a Stanley no 113, but there are no makers mark on it anywhere. Only on the Iron it says American MFG. co.

Does it have the same configuration as a 113? (http://www.supertool.com/StanleyBG/stan12.htm#num113)

Whatever it is, sell it and get a 20 :-).

Jim Koepke
12-26-2017, 1:00 PM

Hard to tell without being able to see it. There are a lot of companies that copied Stanley.

jtk

Lasse Hilbrandt
12-26-2017, 1:22 PM
I have pictures but don't know how to put them up

Jim Koepke
12-26-2017, 1:29 PM
I have pictures but don't know how to put them up

This was posted in response to Chet Parks LV Scrub Plane post:

Start by moving the cursor, flashing bar | < that one isn't flashing, but it will have to do, to where you want the image to be.

Then click on the icon above the message area that looks like a tree in a window:

This will bring up this:

It may look different than this if it automatically selected from URL. In that case, click on "From Computer" button.

Then click on Choose File, navigate to the file you want to upload, click "Upload File(s)" Wait and something that looks like this:

Lets you know you have had success.

It is easy once you get the hang of it. There is a different method that uses the Paper Clip icon in the Advanced mode. Since SMC is supposedly changing the software my tutorial on that will have to wait. There is an old one of mine in the Tech Support conference, but it is a bit out dated.

It was recently edited and posted in another thread. The Attachments may have been compromised in that post so something different is being tried here.

jtk

Lasse Hilbrandt
12-26-2017, 2:05 PM
Jim, it used to look like what you show in attatchment no 2, but it dont anymore, now it looks really strange and there is no option to upload from computer

Jim Koepke
12-26-2017, 3:15 PM
Jim, it used to look like what you show in attatchment no 2, but it dont anymore, now it looks really strange and there is no option to upload from computer

Do you have a different browser you can try?

Another option might be to use the "Go Advanced" button.

That will bring up another way to post images:

Click the paper clip to add an image file or .pdf and other file types.

Click on the Add Files button. It should be easy to follow after that.

jtk

Patrick Chase
12-26-2017, 3:44 PM
The last time I had trouble like that it turned out that I had somehow switched (or been switched) to the mobile version of SMC.

To get out of it click on the little "..." button at the top, navigate to either your profile or settings (can't remember which) and look for a button titled "Full Site". Clicking that gets you back out of Wonderland.

Lasse Hilbrandt
12-26-2017, 3:57 PM
Thanks I will try that when I get back to my pc.
In the meanwhile I have found out that it's probably a Fulton plane I have due to the flowerish engraving on the front knob.

Pat Barry
12-26-2017, 6:02 PM
Does it have the same configuration as a 113? (http://www.supertool.com/StanleyBG/stan12.htm#num113)

Whatever it is, sell it and get a 20 :-).
Patrick has access to some new google search features most of us can't imagine