PDA

View Full Version : Adobe Illustrator CS2

Joe Pelonio
11-07-2005, 7:27 PM
Anyone been given a .eps or .ai file from a customer that was produced in
Adobe Illustrator's new product called CS2? I can't open it in my vinyl program, in Corel 12 it makes me import the ai as a pdf, gives error messages if a eps. The last one I just tried the customer had exported as illustrator 5.0 ai and Corel still called it ai 9.0 or higher and made me do it as a pdf.

Brian Chuchla
12-27-2005, 12:37 PM
I prefer to be able to work with these types of files when obtaining artwork from a customer. I find that it is easiest to scale these vector images, but I do know where you are coming from.

For EPS, in Corel Draw 12, when you are importing a file, you need to specify the "Files of Type" to be "PostScript Interpreted (PS,PRN,EPS)". This should allow you to bring in the image and modify as needed.

Alternately, I have had problems with small glitches when importing files this way, so something must be done. I will open the files in Illustrator CS2 and export them as WMF files, which Corel does a much better job importing consistently. Wonderfully enough the graphic will still maintain its vector lines as a WMF so that makes life nice and easy. :rolleyes:

Lee DeRaud
12-27-2005, 2:18 PM
Joe, do a search on "Illustrator" in this forum: I think this subject came up a month or two ago. (Of course, if the prior thread was you asking this question before...never mind.:p )

Nick Adams
12-27-2005, 10:27 PM
I have not had ANY issues with importing AI files, although some EPS files are tougher. I tend to open all vector files in Illistrator then save as AI files for importing.

As far as your issue it sounds odd, Maybe you could post a ziped file that you are having issues with?

btw Adobe had a couple great deals recently with the adobe cs2 premier pack, something like 299. Maybe it was just for previous customers though.

Joe Pelonio
12-28-2005, 11:50 AM
Maybe you could post a ziped file that you are having issues with?
Next time I get one I will, there have only been a couple and they eventually gave me new files saved as older versions and I didn't keep the problematic ones.