PDA

View Full Version : Repair Craftsman Industrial Router

Jim Hogarth
12-22-2017, 10:20 PM
<p>
I need help locating some parts for a Craftsman Industrial Router, 315.275062. The parts are no longer available through Sears. Needed are a set of brushes and one (or two) of the brush holders (970765-001). Any suggestions for finding these? Anywhere to look for another unit that I could salvage the parts? Thanks for any help.</p>

Matt Day
12-22-2017, 10:38 PM
Ebay would be one of my first stops.

Take that back, mostly. There seem to be a number of warehouses online that sell all types of brushes. Get the parts diagram and figure out the part number for the brushes and google that. Might find some on eBay too. If that doesn’t work, it appears some are listed by physical size which might work.

Andrew Seemann
12-22-2017, 10:53 PM
Sears bought a fair amount of their hand power tools from companies that also carried the same or similar model under their own name (Ryobi, Stanley, Black & Decker, etc). Sometimes you can find parts for the machine that the company built under their own name still available that may fit your machine. No guarantee, but it may be worth checking out if eBay or local repair shops don't have the needed part.

Rick Whitehead
12-22-2017, 11:48 PM
Eurton Electric-http://store.eurtonelectric.com/has a wide selection of brushes, brush holders, and switches for power tools. I've dealt with them and been happy with their service.
If you still have the brushes and brush holder, you can measure them and try to find the right size on their website.
Good luck in your search!
Rick

Bob Leistner
12-23-2017, 6:19 AM
I've heard all good about Eurton Electric, so not trying to discourage that. Helwig Carbon is a manufacturer if you are really having trouble finding them. They will make them, if they have to.

mark kosse
12-23-2017, 8:59 AM
I have a local shop, circle saw, that you can sometimes take a brush in and they will match it so maybe you can find something like that locally. Are you sure of the 375 prefix? It doesn't show on the vm website. 315 was ryobi.

Jim Hogarth
12-23-2017, 5:53 PM
Your&#39;re correct, it should have been 315, I&#39;ve edited the original post. I&#39;m trying Eurton Electric, if they can&#39;t help, maybe circle saw could help. Thanks.

Bill Dufour
12-23-2017, 7:40 PM
If you can find a brush a little bigger they are soft and easy to file down to size. Just keep it square and smooth sides. Many of the harbor freight tools come with a spare set of brushes. I think that is because the tools overheat and burn up the springs and brushes. Or their brushes are so poorly made that the do not last.
Bill D

Matt Day
12-23-2017, 9:05 PM
Now with the right model number... I think the SRT-5 on this page should fit.
http://www.carbonbrush.com/searsbrush.htm

Charles Lent
12-25-2017, 8:45 AM
The better hardware stores carry brush assortments. If you don't find the exact replacement, they are soft and easy to sand, saw, and file, but a very messy job, Finding a brush holder will be difficult. Is this really worth doing with router prices as low as they are now days?

Charley