PDA

View Full Version : Leaving Greece

Rich Riddle
12-21-2017, 6:50 PM
We spent about ten days in Greece and Crete. The olive trees are much larger than anticipated, some of their trunks are two feet in diameter. The problem is that farmers keep the olive trees cut very short in order to cultivate the olives. One cannot get any good piece of wood. Darn the luck. We will miss the mild climate.

Mel Fulks
12-21-2017, 6:56 PM
Glad you are back ,Rich. When you start to forget English .....you know it's time to go home. And I'm betting you were starting to miss grocery shopping on your riding lawnmower!!

Matt Day
12-21-2017, 7:43 PM
Glad you are back ,Rich. When you start to forget English .....you know it's time to go home.

Lol.......

Rich Riddle
12-21-2017, 7:54 PM
in my defense, it's between two and three in the morning here. Just when we adjusted to Greece time it's time to readjust to Eastern Standard Time. The pre-Christmas holiday is totally different over in Athens and Crete. You see some shoppers, but not droves. You also don't see many decorations, exterior or interior. We saw only one string of Christmas lights during the entire trip. I faintly heard one Christmas carol playing today in a restaurant. As far as I can tell many Creekers would like it here....there is a lot of respect given to old men.

Dimitrios Fradelakis
12-21-2017, 8:52 PM
Both my parents are from Crete and the last time I visited was in 2010. Beautiful scenery and much more laid back than here in the states. Glad to hear that you enjoyed your trip!

Mel Fulks
12-21-2017, 9:39 PM
Rich, I don't think Docs should work for free. But refusing to tell me I have a case of "extreme jealousy ".....is kinda inhumane. Hey, enjoy every moment !

Ken Fitzgerald
12-21-2017, 11:04 PM
Sounds like an interesting trip Rich!

A question, if I may ask? Are you suggesting I might get some respect if I moved to Crete?:confused::rolleyes::D

Frederick Skelly
12-22-2017, 7:55 AM
I always enjoy the Greek immigrants I meet stateside. Good people. Old World values.
When you get un-jet-lagged and caught up at work, it would be great to see some pics in an "off topic" thread.

Travel safely.
Fred

Rich Riddle
12-23-2017, 10:35 PM
Sounds like an interesting trip Rich!

A question, if I may ask? Are you suggesting I might get some respect if I moved to Crete?:confused::rolleyes::D

Ken, the older I get, the younger you look. A young woman over there told us that everyone is afraid of the old women with handbags but everyone loves the little old men....I don't know if she was insinuating I would be loved because of age.....but she was very young.