PDA

View Full Version : My new shop buddy

Rich Engelhardt
12-21-2017, 6:59 AM
Well sort of...meet Quigley!

Right now he's pretty skittish still. We've had him in our house as a foster for the last month & we adopted him yesterday.
We got him from a rescue where the owner of the shelter takes in pregnant mother dogs, then sells the pups.
Right after his litter was born, a case of Parvo shut down the shelter - none in or out - for a couple of months.
By the time it was ok again, the whole litter had gone past the "furry puppy" stage.

He's been in a cage & barn stall @ the shelter for the last 2 and a half years. People would just come in and walk right past him and show no interest.

He's a good boy - and - still pretty much a puppy because he missed out on so much of growing up.

The saddest part is - his brother and sister are still at the rescue. :(.

Frederick Skelly
12-21-2017, 7:09 AM
That's a nice dog Rich.
You gonna go adopt his siblings next? ;)

kevin nee
12-21-2017, 7:34 AM
Having a rescue dog around the shop will improve your Woodworking.
Good luck with the new dog. Kevin

Pat Barry
12-21-2017, 7:55 AM
Nice! Your dog looks very similar to mine. Mine is a Treeing Walker Coon Hound which my wife got as a rescue dog also when she was 2 years old (or so they thought). Now I think she was probably more like 4 at the time as she is very white in the face. She had puppies at least once before we got her as was very evident. Anyway, that breed is very intelligent and very much a hound.

Robin Dobbie
12-21-2017, 8:12 AM
I think it's fantastic when pets are adopted from rescues rather than purchased from breeders. I think it's even greater when pets with behavioral problems are adopted. There aren't enough people like you in the world.

I don't think pets and powertools mix, however.

michael langman
12-21-2017, 10:32 AM
Quigley looks like a good boy. Looks like he's gonna be a great companion Rich.
The dogs from the shelters have the most love and character it seems.

Rich Engelhardt
12-21-2017, 11:02 AM
Hi Pat,
I was going to ask what breed you dog is!
Quigley is part Treeing Walker (and part Great Pyrenees and part Collie)

You gonna go adopt his siblings next? ;)Trust me - -if we could we would. :). (it breaks my heart leaving him at the shelter)
As it is now, the backyard fills up with...what comes out the opposite end of where the food goes in!!
Quigley goes about 75/80 pounds & stands about 27" tall.
Kasey - our other hound - goes about 60 pounds & stands about 24".

Pat Barry
12-21-2017, 1:16 PM
Hi Pat,
I was going to ask what breed you dog is!
Quigley is part Treeing Walker (and part Great Pyrenees and part Collie)

Trust me - -if we could we would. :). (it breaks my heart leaving him at the shelter)
As it is now, the backyard fills up with...what comes out the opposite end of where the food goes in!!
Quigley goes about 75/80 pounds & stands about 27" tall.
Kasey - our other hound - goes about 60 pounds & stands about 24".
Mixed breeds are great. I was curious about the longer looking fur and he is certainly bigger than my dog. She's about 45-50 lbs

david beck
12-23-2017, 5:59 AM
Congrats on your familys new christmas present. I will keep my fingers crossed the others find owners like you soon.