PDA

View Full Version : Great-grandsons in the shop.....

Ken Fitzgerald
12-20-2017, 1:28 PM
Our oldest granddaughter visited over the weekend with her 3 children. Her oldest son will be 11 very shortly, her younger son 8 and her daughter 18 months.

The boys and I made it to the shop where with a little assistance they made Christmas gifts for Mom and Dad. Mom's gift was a paper towel stand and Dad's gift was a small tray into which he can empty his pockets at days end.

Here's photographs for proof.

Here's proof our granddaughter and great-granddaughter came with the boys.

Bert Kemp
12-20-2017, 1:35 PM
excellent Ken. My great grandson just turned 2 last week , I hope I make it to see him work my laser.:)

Frederick Skelly
12-20-2017, 1:43 PM
That is a fine Christmas Blessing Ken!

Jim Koepke
12-20-2017, 2:05 PM
It would be a joyous occasion to have my grand kids in my shop this time of year.

jtk

Mel Fulks
12-20-2017, 2:41 PM
Love seeing those. The younger boy is carrying that paper towel holder like a Roman officer holding one of fasces symbols...but with a little extra authority. Ken, give that Dad a word about the importance of actually using that pocket contents holder .

Steve Schlumpf
12-20-2017, 3:09 PM
Love the photos Ken! Always fun spending time with grandkids - even more so with great grandkids! Thanks for sharing!

Bill McNiel
12-20-2017, 5:08 PM
Thanks for sharing Ken.

I had my 4 1/2 yr old grandson in the Neander side of the shop yesterday. He is not close to ready for power tools but enjoyed his first trys with some of the hand tools. He used a hand drill, bit & brace, Yankee driver and block plane and had a ball.

Lee Schierer
12-20-2017, 6:31 PM
Priceless. It is great to have grand kids in the shop. I love it when mine ask to help. I usually end up with a bunch of scrap pieces glued together in weird shapes but they are having fun and learning about making sawdust.

Bill McNiel
12-20-2017, 7:24 PM
Priceless. It is great to have grand kids in the shop. I love it when mine ask to help. I usually end up with a bunch of scrap pieces glued together in weird shapes but they are having fun and learning about making sawdust.

Exactly! and it is FUN!

Jim Koepke
12-20-2017, 8:06 PM
My poor grandkids. Last summer they helped me cut and split firewood. Well they had some fun and got paid some cash to take to the county fair.

Of course, how many city kids can say they have split firewood with their grandpa?

jtk

Ken Fitzgerald
12-20-2017, 8:46 PM
My poor grandkids. Last summer they helped me cut and split firewood. Well they had some fun and got paid some cash to take to the county fair.

Of course, how many city kids can say they have split firewood with their grandpa?

jtk

Nothing wrong with that Grandpa! I poled beans and helped pick corn in my grandfather's fields and an uncle's fields.

Jim Becker
12-20-2017, 8:52 PM
I enjoyed reading about that on FB and reading about it here again. So good you can spend time like that with the kids!

Shawn Pixley
12-20-2017, 9:23 PM
Congratulations Ken! That looks like a great time. The best memories are created while doing things together.

Keith Westfall
12-20-2017, 10:45 PM
One of the greatest things in life as a Grand-pa.
My daughter asked me a couple of weeks ago if I could make her some small snowmen for a handicap young man she day cares for. So I said, "Why don't you come over and I'll show you how to do it?" Somewhat to my surprise, she said she would love to! So she did, and I did.

When she still had the last half to do, I asked her if she was coming back or just wanted me to finish them. "No, she said, I'm coming back, and I'll bring Kilien (11 year old grandson) and then she showed him how to do it!! With me pointing out a few things, but it was so great to see daughter and her son standing at the lathe making the snowmen.

Proud moment for sure.

Final result below...

Mel Fulks
12-20-2017, 11:35 PM
And Abe seems content and untroubled .

Bert Kemp
12-21-2017, 7:56 AM
They did a great job on that snowman Keith, I'm sure the recipient will love it:)

Don Orr
12-21-2017, 8:13 AM
Outstanding Ken! Doesn't get much better than that.

Dave Anderson NH
12-21-2017, 12:43 PM
You must really really be an old fart Ken. 3 G-g-grandchildren. Since I'm younger than you I only have 2. LOL!!!! Great pix my friend.

Ken Fitzgerald
12-21-2017, 1:00 PM
Dave....We have 8 grandchildren from ages 31 to 5 and 9 great-grandchildren from ages 11 to 1 1/2 years.

We aren't intelligent but we are prolific! :eek::rolleyes::o:D

BTW...it's possible I'm younger than you!

Mel Fulks
12-21-2017, 1:25 PM
Ken, if you know all their names...you are smart

David Helm
12-21-2017, 4:25 PM
Dave....We have 8 grandchildren from ages 31 to 5 and 9 great-grandchildren from ages 11 to 1 1/2 years.

We aren't intelligent but we are prolific! :eek::rolleyes::o:D

BTW...it's possible I'm younger than you!

You must have started at a very young age to have great grand children that old. I am coming up on 75 in a few days and my oldest grandson is coming up on 15. Not likely to be seeing great grand children any time soon. Congrats!