PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever do this? . . . . . . . .

lowell holmes
12-19-2017, 12:44 PM
Do you ever do this? . . . . . . . .
I have a beautiful, shiny, new Veritas Plow Plane sitting on my shelf.
Hurricane Harvey came through Galveston county. Everything became discombobulated and I do not remember ordering it. receiving it, or when.
It is a beautiful plane. I guess I need to but some more cutters for it.

I also have left and right hand router planes. I never use them. I am going to quit checking the Lee valley website. :confused:

Oh well.

Jim Koepke
12-19-2017, 1:13 PM
Do you ever do this? . . . . . . . .
I have a beautiful, shiny, new Veritas Plow Plane sitting on my shelf.
Hurricane Harvey came through Galveston county. Everything became discombobulated and I do not remember ordering it. receiving it, or when.
It is a beautiful plane. I guess I need to but some more cutters for it.

I also have left and right hand router planes. I never use them. I am going to quit checking the Lee valley website. :confused:

Oh well.

Maybe the storm that took away also delivered.

Router planes left and right handed? That is a new one on me. Could they be Rabbet Planes?

jtk

Chet R Parks
12-19-2017, 1:18 PM
I am going to quit checking the Lee valley website. :confused:

Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Yea right :rolleyes:

lowell holmes
12-19-2017, 2:18 PM
I misidentified the planes They are in fact Rabbet planes.

lowell holmes
12-19-2017, 2:19 PM
That will be the day. :)

Bill Houghton
12-19-2017, 5:01 PM
Router planes left and right handed? That is a new one on me. Could they be Rabbet Planes?
I was thinking the same thing. If Lee Valley is selling right and left handed router planes, I'll need to save up my pennies, so I can put them with my right and left handed hammers and screwdrivers.

Rick Malakoff
12-19-2017, 6:31 PM
Not with planes, but I just found a rifle that I bought 10 years ago that was made in 1989 and never fired. I remember buying it, just forgot I had it!
Lowell, I'm sure that there are "tools in a box in the garage" that I don't remember that I own.

Rick

Frederick Skelly
12-19-2017, 6:42 PM
I haven't yet, but I'll bet it will eventually happen.

You had a very tough time last summer, Sir. It's ok to forget relatively unimportant things like a new tool when your home and your town have been trashed by floodwaters, and you're trying to recover and help your neighbors recover. I recalled that you told us about getting one and looked it up. Looks like you've had that tool a while now. Here's when you told us about it. (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?248011-I-decided-that&highlight=Plow+plane) The plow is a really nice tool. I have one too.

Best regards,
Fred