PDA

View Full Version : CorelDraw - stumped

Robert Walters
12-17-2017, 3:23 PM
I've created this shape (yeah, it should be closed/joined just not there yet), and while both of these are the same thing, you can see on the right when objects are selected then filled with a color, there is (what I'll call) an "artifact" that I just can't figure out why / how to resolve (remove). Zooming in on the nodes doens't really help much. Thoughts?

I've attached the CDR (v14) too.

Kev Williams
12-17-2017, 3:54 PM
The 'artifact' is just Corel artificially filling in certain places, rhyme or reason, I have no clue, other than you can't paint open graphics but Corel does anyway ;)

Now, if you ungroup your two graphics and combine them, this is what painting does-
same thing, only more places-- has to do with where you're connected and disconnected...

the fix is to simply connect all your open corners. Once all connected, it will still paint stupid until it's all 'closed', note in the pic above the right side I closed, left side I didn't, both painted the same... Easiest way to close it is to box it into a group and create a new outline of it (via button above the red arrow)--
Here I did the outline and then moved it--
then painted it-

also note that you can't re-outline an open graphic, all nodes must be connected :)

Robert Walters
12-17-2017, 4:25 PM
Easiest way to close it is to box it into a group and create a new outline of it (via button above the red arrow)

I actually had tried that "Creates a new object that surrounds the selected objects" before posting here, but it's not doing anything for me. And when I "group" the objects, then that tool/options isn't available.

What am I missing here?

Scott Shepherd
12-17-2017, 6:02 PM
I actually had tried that "Creates a new object that surrounds the selected objects" before posting here, but it's not doing anything for me. And when I "group" the objects, then that tool/options isn't available.

What am I missing here?

It has to be a closed object for that to work.

Tony Lenkic
12-17-2017, 10:57 PM
Try this fix

Robert Walters
12-18-2017, 9:51 AM
Thanks all for the assistance, it seems that all of you have been able to "easily"(?) identify what/where the open parts are and close them, and maybe that's part of my issue.

If I zoom in, a line will scale up, but not the nodes. I do notice that segments will change color when selected, but I don't know what significance those colors are (sometimes red, sometimes blue when in node editing mode), here's an example showing some parts in different colors when everything is selected, I'm sure that there is a reason for this, and the colors mean something, but I don't know what that may be.

The blue dashed line is just a guideline, ignore that =)