PDA

View Full Version : Cartridge filter question

Tim M Tuttle
12-16-2017, 10:24 PM
Evening all,

I have an Oneida Mini Gorilla (first gen) and I was cleaning the filter tonight. When I put the filter back on and turned on the DC I noticed a small stream of air coming from the bottom of the filter. There is hole in the bottom about half an inch in diameter. I am guessing that hole is supposed to be plugged with something but I hadn't ever noticed it before so I wasn't sure. I was cleaning the filter outside so I'll have to wait till morning to get a good look in the grass and try and find whatever it is that is supposed to go there. If I cant find it I assume just some duct tape to cover it would be fine? I mean, I dont think there's supposed to be a hole there but maybe there is.

Thanks

Lane Hardy
12-18-2017, 4:12 PM
This may be an idea if you do not find what you are looking for in the grass, contact the filter manufacturer and see if they could send you a small piece of filter media and glue it over the hole using a flexible type adhesive that will flex with the filter. If a cynocrlate type glue is used (gets hard) it may cause a stress point and cause a larger blow out of the filter media.

just a thought!

Mike Heidrick
12-18-2017, 5:31 PM
Id use gorilla tape. Serious and ironic.

Tim M Tuttle
12-18-2017, 8:25 PM
I was able to find the part (I think) the next day. Just little tapered rubber piece.

Lane Hardy
12-19-2017, 12:39 AM
Great to hear to solved your delima!
Gee I totally miss read or miss understood the hole! I was thinking you had a hole in the filter meada, not a hole in the plate at the bottom of the filter! Duh!!!

good find ��