PDA

View Full Version : Arts and Crafts Show

Glenn Hodges
11-07-2005, 7:17 AM
I did an arts and craft show this past weekend in north Florida. It was successful for me, and as I usually say it could have been better, but I am satisfied with the sales. I am including couple of shots of my exhibit display.

Jeremiah Jordan
11-07-2005, 7:28 AM
Very Nice Display! My dad makes handmade puzzles, and he brings his scrollsaw along to get the crowd to come in and look at his booth. I am seriously thinking about getting the Jet Lathe made specific for pen turning and turn some pens at the shows. Maybe it would help if you could show a process of how you make your bowls so people can see how much work and effort goes into one.

Jeremiah.

John Hart
11-07-2005, 8:10 AM
Nice Setup Glenn! I could linger there for an hour or two, just fondling everything. Say...how bout the confetti lamps....How'd they do?

Jim Ketron
11-07-2005, 8:44 AM
Nice set up Glenn! Glad you done good at the show!
How did the natural edge bowls do?

Mark Cothren
11-07-2005, 8:50 AM
Looks great, Glenn! Nice setup and glad you did well!

Kurt Aebi
11-07-2005, 9:31 AM
Glen,

That is one nice setup you have there! Glad to hear it went well. I can't believe that you couldn't do well with the pieces you create :D , but that is just my opinion!

Thanks for showing us your setup.

Travis Stinson
11-07-2005, 9:54 AM
Nice setup Glenn. I like the tiered displays, really sets things off. The craft shows are fun, a good place to get feedback and comments on your work.

Glenn Hodges
11-07-2005, 2:55 PM
I sold 20 confetti lamps. The natural edge bowls outsell the others. I always carry a photo essay wtih an explanation of how I turn a bowl. It saves me a lot of time and hot air. I always meet a lot of turners at these shows. A number of new turners and people wanting to start turning ask a lot of questions. I always recommend they join a local club. I guess you can tell I really have a good time not only selling, but talking to other people about woodturning. I personally would not have time to demo at a show like this because I was busy talking to people for the entire two days. I only had to tell to obnoxious young girls that kept walking around my booth picking up my bowls and making comments about how overpicced they were, and who in the world would pay $40 for a wooden bowl, that they were probably shopping in the wrong place and they should probably should be shopping in the Dollar Store. Thanks for the nice comments.

Bruce Shiverdecker
11-07-2005, 7:50 PM
Good lookin display, Glenn. It's sure nice to be warm outside in November. A little chilly to do that here. Glad it was a good show for you.

Mike Ramsey
11-08-2005, 8:50 AM
I only had to tell to obnoxious young girls that kept walking around my booth picking up my bowls and making comments about how overpicced they were, and who in the world would pay $40 for a wooden bowl, that they were probably shopping in the wrong place and they should probably should be shopping in the Dollar Store.

Glenn, you should bring your lathe next time and when you get some
young whipper snappers talking trash about the price of your bowls give
em a big chunk of out-of-round wood and tell them to turn something,
and see what they think then! I bet they will then say, Your only asking
$40.00 for this ? How much did the Confetti lamps sell for?

Bill Stevener
11-08-2005, 11:05 AM
Great going with your show Glenn.
Ah, yes, the young-ins, But they can go and buy junk things to where, and eventually just trash it. Wonder if their Mon or Dad makes anything.:eek:
Bill.>>>>>>>>>:)

John Hart
11-08-2005, 11:19 AM
......and who in the world would pay $40 for a wooden bowl.....

And they say this while wearing $3.50 worth of faded clothing that cost them $125 no doubt.

Glenn Hodges
11-08-2005, 5:46 PM
Mike, I got $19.00 for some of them and $25 for the larger ones.