PDA

View Full Version : A new old toy er tool

Bart Leetch
11-07-2005, 12:58 AM
A little something I picked up on a trip to southern Oregon this week end for $40.00.

Its a Miller Falls jointer plane. I need to clean it up & sharpen the blade & replace the handle.

Dan Forman
11-07-2005, 4:07 AM
Nice catch Bart. Looks like that one has seen some hard travelin'.

Bart Leetch
11-07-2005, 10:37 AM
Its in pretty good shape accept for the handle.

Keel McDonald
11-07-2005, 10:44 AM
Good buy Bart. I recently had the opportunity to puchase an old Fulton plan in great shape. I was at a flea market browsing around when I came across it. The guy said he'd take $10 for it. Me, being the "business man" that I am, tried to offer $5 for it. He rejected and said he wouldn't take less than $10. I told him I'd think about it, hoping he'd change his mind, :confused: and I walked on to the next booth. This was a large flea market with several hundred yards of booths all in a row. I didn't go but a few booths down, thought I might as well buy it, and returned only a few minutes later. Needless to say, it was already gone. :mad: Tough lesson learned!

Steve Beadle
11-08-2005, 4:44 PM
Nice find, Bart! I picked up a Stanley #8 a few months ago, but I have yet to get the sole flattened to my satisfaction. It's hard work! At least the way I am doing it is, I guess (sandpaper on glass).
I hope you get your jointer plane up and working in a short time!