PDA

View Full Version : Any Kreg Precision Measuring Sys Owners?

JayStPeter
11-06-2005, 3:06 PM
I like the looks of the Kreg flip stop from their PMS(:) ). But, I have totally standardied my shop with 1/4" t-track (mostly Woodpeck). I literally have 3 or 4 parts bin drawers packed with various 1/4" bolts, nuts, knobs and other t-track accessories. Is the Kreg PMS compatible with 1/4"? Even more to specific, will the flip-stop work with Incra/Woodpeck scale track for my existing applications?

Thanks,

Jay

Gary Curtis
11-06-2005, 5:55 PM
I'm wondering the same thing. I just bought a General 350 TS with a sliding table. The regional sales rep for General suggested I add the PMS system from Kreg to the top of my crosscut fence. To gain flip-stops and for accuracy.

At the same time I'm making jigs for my WoodRat and for the Rip Fence and need to incorporate T-track so I can employ clamps, stop blocks, micro adjusters and plain old featherboards. It would be nice to standardize.

Gary Curtis

Jesse Cloud
11-06-2005, 5:59 PM
Just took the flip stop off my kreg miter gauge with precision measuring system and put in on a piece of t-track. No problem. Take a look at the miter stop, too. Its sweet for doing picture frames.

JayStPeter
11-06-2005, 6:20 PM
Jesse, thanks.

Well, I went back to the Kreg site and it mentions a 1/4" bolt on the description of the flip stop. I know I've been there before searching for the same answer ... they must've updated the descriptions :o :D :cool: .

Jay

Norman Hitt
11-07-2005, 2:56 AM
Jesse, thanks.

Well, I went back to the Kreg site and it mentions a 1/4" bolt on the description of the flip stop. I know I've been there before searching for the same answer ... they must've updated the descriptions :o :D :cool: .

Jay

Jay, you were sure correct to question this, as all T tracks aren't the same. One of the WW mags had an article on this (I believe within the last year), and it showed pictures and gave the "complete specs" of each brand. It was a very informative article for anyone needing this information. Seems like it may have been Wood mag, but maybe someone with a better memory than mine can recall the article and which mag it was in.

JayStPeter
11-07-2005, 10:05 AM
Norman,

You're right. Many of the sellers of t-track and accessories have dimensioned cross sectional drawings. I usuallly only buy from places that do to ensure compatibility. I couldn't find it for the Kreg on their site or any reseller site, but then again I'm pretty sure the 1/4" statement wasn't on the flip stop before either.
In any case, the Kreg flip stop looks to be the nicest t-track based flip stop around. I'll probably order one soon. Hopefully it is compatible with the Incra/woodpeck track I already have "in stock".

Jay