PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly GO632Z

Fred Perreault
12-08-2017, 12:36 AM
Are there any owners or users of the Grizzly 632Z? I was wondering if you would comment on your ownership and user experience.

Roger Chandler
12-08-2017, 6:29 AM
The G0632 lathe is pretty much a clone of the Jet 1642 evs, 2 hp. It features a swivel headstock for outboard turning. Numerous folks have used one for years.

Fred Perreault
12-08-2017, 8:29 PM
The G0632 lathe is pretty much a clone of the Jet 1642 evs, 2 hp. It features a swivel headstock for outboard turning. Numerous folks have used one for years.

I was hoping that those that have some time with the lathe might shed some light on their experience with it. Build quality, reliability, customer service/support. It is relatively inexpensive, and I was wondering if that affects the aforementioned features.

Ralph Lindberg
12-08-2017, 9:11 PM
Several of us, including Roger, own other Grizzly lathes.
CS is solid (I've owned Grizzly tools for 20+ years)
Many Grizzly lathes are built at exactly the same factories as so many other imported lathes.
The lathes are much better then they used to be, the owner of the firm showed up on some turning forums and got "educated" on their short comings (odd spindle sizes, "high" low end speeds, etc) a few years ago.

Roger Chandler
12-08-2017, 10:23 PM
I was hoping that those that have some time with the lathe might shed some light on their experience with it. Build quality, reliability, customer service/support. It is relatively inexpensive, and I was wondering if that affects the aforementioned features.

I have a friend in one of the turning clubs I am a member of who has a G0632 for about 12 years, and he has had no problems with it. That is as close a personal knowledge as I have on this model. What I have read on the forums over the last few years has been positive. Do a google search, and see what owners have said on the various forums.

John Keeton
12-09-2017, 8:03 AM
Fred, there are several threads on this lathe. Do a Google search with this string and you will be able to review them - grizzly g0632 site:sawmillcreek.org