PDA

View Full Version : Morntech - China

Roger Lueck
12-07-2017, 11:19 PM
Has anyone purchased a laser from Morntech (in China) since Morntech USA went out of business?
Also, somewhere on this website I read a statement by someone that clearly stated that Morntech and Shenhui are "one in the same" company. Does anyone have any additional information in regard to Morntech and Shenhui being the same company?
Thank You,
Roger

Dave Sheldrake
12-09-2017, 12:01 AM
There are very few actual laser machine producers in China , most are assemblers of parts they buy in. Last time I checked I think there are 6 who scratch build and even then it is just different cases around the same electronics.

Tubes come from the big names, RECI, EFR, YongLi, TongLi, GoldenLaser
Controls from Leetro(step servo), AWC, Ruida (LO cards are AWC rebadges) TopWisdom
Bearings, PMI, HiWin, LM
Lens's, Cheap generics or Chinese made II-VI (they have a manufacturing plant in China)
PSU, EFR, RECI, Juan Yua

Not much in it to be honest, a few differences on cabinets and build quality (Pidgeon welds etc)

Shenhui make a lot of the laser heads for gantry CO2's for themselves and other companies.

What does vary by a huge amount is aftersales, Shenhui are great, as are Jinan King Rabbit and Sinjoe, Weike have lost the plot in the last few years and tend to ignore known problems once the "Check this first" list is exhausted

My personal favourite is Sinjoe, they really will go the extra mile on imports and build quality is very good.

Michael Henriksen
12-09-2017, 10:31 AM
I emailed Sinjoe about fiber laser cutters but they never responded. Do they only make CO2 machines and fiber engravers? Their website has changed recently and it looks like they offer fewer engraver options than previously.

Bodor also appear to have a reputation for poor after sales support. I can't find much feedback on WK Laser and Senfeng/Leiming.

Dave Sheldrake
12-09-2017, 10:22 PM
They do quite a lot of fibre cutters Mike, I have one of theirs. Email Felix and ask him :)