PDA

View Full Version : Super Secret Project One (Cradle)

Jeff Sudmeier
11-06-2005, 12:44 PM
Well as you all know by now Kelly and I have had a baby girl :)

Super secret project one is a cradle. This one is my favorite of the projects for her. I really like the idea of my great grandchildren sleeping in it!!

First off Addie in the cradle:

The cradle is cherry with maple. The maple pieces are the pins for the through mortise and tennon, stretcher cap, screw cap, knobs and slats. The sides are built with mortise and tennons. This project was my justification for the mortiser :)

Corey Hallagan
11-06-2005, 12:48 PM
Congrats to you and your wife on the new baby Jeff! And a beautiful cradle. Cant wait to see the rest!

Corey

John Miliunas
11-06-2005, 1:02 PM
Hmmmm...How convenient; I mean, with the cradle being right next to the bar and all!:D :D Naw, I know where it really is now! I like it better with its new occupant! :) Nice job, Jeff. And again, congrats to you and Kelly!:) :D :cool:

Jeff Sudmeier
11-06-2005, 2:11 PM
Hmmmm...How convenient; I mean, with the cradle being right next to the bar and all!:D :D Naw, I know where it really is now! I like it better with its new occupant! :) Nice job, Jeff. And again, congrats to you and Kelly!:) :D :cool:

LOL!! John you are too much!! Can't ever get anything past you guys :)

Yes the craddle is now in the bedroom!!

Jim Becker
11-06-2005, 2:35 PM
Awesome, Jeff! What a nice cradle for your cutie!

Rob Blaustein
11-06-2005, 4:04 PM
Way to go Suds; might have to change that nickname to "Studs" now. And great job on the cradle--I may PM you for the plans, we're having a baby in about 7 weeks. How long did it take to build?
-Rob

Todd Davidson
11-06-2005, 4:11 PM
Congratulations Jeff! Beautiful job on the cradle too!

Vaughn McMillan
11-06-2005, 4:39 PM
Excellent job...great craftsmanship, material selection and execution. The cradle is also pretty nice. :) Bigtime congrats to Kelly and you on the junior camper!

- Vaughn

Gail O'Rourke
11-06-2005, 5:19 PM
Gorgeous cradle, great job.

Jeff Sudmeier
11-06-2005, 5:54 PM
Rob,

Feel free to PM me. I don't remember if I used any plans, but I can pm you the major parts.

To all others, thanks for the comments!! :)

Ken Fitzgerald
11-06-2005, 6:42 PM
Congrats Jeff! Nice looking cradle...excellent!

Dan Larson
11-06-2005, 9:19 PM
Very nice job with the cradle! I especially like the through tenons.

Dan

Karl Laustrup
11-07-2005, 6:51 AM
A wee bit late, but CONGRATULATIONS on both counts [baby & crib].

Both appear to be of the utmost quality. :)

One of these days I'll get down your way to say HI and meet the family.

Karl

Jason Quick
11-07-2005, 8:08 AM
Beautiful baby, beautiful cradle!

So....you cramped up yet from being wrapped around her little finger? :)

Jason (My two-year-old girl has me in knots!)

Jeff Sudmeier
11-07-2005, 12:19 PM
Jason,

Not cramped up yet, but she wouldn't let go of the suction when she was born! :)

David Duke
11-07-2005, 4:57 PM
Congrats on the newborn and great work on the cradle too. I'll be starting this weekend the first of what I imagine to be many projects for our first grandchild who is due next spring.

Jeff Sudmeier
11-07-2005, 8:24 PM
Good luck on the cradle!! :) It was a lot of fun to build. Although, the tenons on the slats for the sides were a bit tedious. :)