PDA

View Full Version : "NUMBERS" Craftsman Style House

Ralph Barhorst
11-06-2005, 12:05 PM
Has anyone noticed the fantastic Craftsman Style House and furniture that is shown weekly on the TV show "Numbers" on Friday night. I especially like the dining room chairs, but all of the furniture looks great.

I would love to get the plans for some of this furniture.

Andrew Ault
11-06-2005, 3:27 PM
My wife really likes the dining chairs. There is a lot to see in that house.

<meta http-equiv="CONTENT-TYPE" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><title></title><meta name="GENERATOR" content="OpenOffice.org 2.0 (Linux)"><meta name="AUTHOR" content="Andrew Ault"><meta name="CREATED" content="20051106;12233200"><meta name="CHANGED" content="16010101;0"><style>!-- @page { size: 8.5in 11in; margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } --></style> My grandparents had a craftsman in Pasadena and my grandfather had made some of the furniture. I have a predilection for arts and crafts rooted in my love of them and their house.

Kevin Beck
11-07-2005, 9:42 AM
I noticed the wonderful details in the house as well. The furniture and the built-ins are very nice. I like the show though the "math" part of it is probably total rubbish.

Kevin

Dan Racette
11-07-2005, 9:55 AM
I would love to see that floor plan etc. If anyone finds out that actual houses' location, I would love to see some outside shots! It's a beaut!

The math is not rubbish at all. It just doesn't come as easy as an hour show can tell! They just make it seem easy.

Alan Mikkelsen
11-07-2005, 9:37 PM
My math teacher wife is a fan of the show. National Council of Teachers of Mathmatics actually has lesson plans to coincide with the show. My wife teaches advanced math classes, and chemistry, in our local high school.:D

Gary Sutherland
11-08-2005, 7:11 AM
It is a beautiful house. But remember, that while the exterior shots may (?) be an actual house, the interiors are probably sombody's set design on a sound stage, and could bear little resemblance to the actual interior.

I don't know if this is the case, but it seems likely.

Gary

Bill Lewis
11-08-2005, 7:36 AM
Gary, I think you are right on. You allude to the fact that the exterior could possibly be a "back lot" house, if this is true, then it would have no interior. So, if it wasn't, then the interiors would absolutely be on a "set". Production companies don't buy locations, only rent them, and for as little as possible.

However, the set designers definately did their homework. They did a beautiful job.

I like the show, even with them stretching the math angle. All shows do it, just look at the CSI series's for example. It's entertainment, not reality.

Ralph Barhorst
11-08-2005, 9:49 AM
http://www.fanrush.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-127.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Craftsman_Home.jpg

Bill Lewis
11-08-2005, 11:37 AM
Cool, it really is a "real" house and interior.

One thing wrong about the write-up. It's Charlie's house, not his father's. At least according to the latest episode (the wedding). Now it could be that the father has transferred ownership to Charlie, but that's not how they made it sound in the show.

Mike Vermeil
11-08-2005, 6:06 PM
I like the show, and really love the house. I believe I've seen pictures of the entry hall in one or two "bungalow" books I have.

By the way, I was just discussing the show a few days ago with my excessively smart physicist/mathamatist father-in-law, who said the application of the math is very real, but that the details are not usually correct.

Alan Schaffter
11-08-2005, 11:57 PM
The A&C house on "Still Standing" is really nice also, but I bet just an interior stage.