PDA

View Full Version : Post Partum Depression

Carl Eyman
06-25-2003, 11:44 AM
Most of you know I am making 5 dining chairs. Well, I delivered them to the spray painter today for the final finishing coat. Now I am depressed for two reasons.

1. I don't have anything to do.

2. Like a mother on the way to the delivery room - I am worried about how they'll look. Covered with hair? Deformed? I'll never sleep tonight! Maybe I'll try a bottle of Ken Salsbury's tranquilizer.

I'll post a picture when they return from the upolsterer. That is, unless they are too bad.

Glenn Clabo
06-25-2003, 12:36 PM
Now I am depressed for two reasons.

1. I don't have anything to do.

Carl,
Come on up to RI...I have a 2DO list that's becoming a book.

Carl Eyman
06-25-2003, 1:02 PM
Carl,
Come on up to RI...I have a 2DO list that's becoming a book.
I was there in May. Flew into Providence to go to Mystic Seaport. Used to spend summers first at Bristol Ferry. In a cottage which was on a site that is now directly under the Mt. Hope Bridge (island end), Then from 1929 to 1937 in Touissett (town of Warren). So I know how pleasant your summers can be.

Dave Anderson NH
06-25-2003, 2:05 PM
I respectfully suggest that you need to spend some time with one of the Sack books or maybe one of the Winterthur furniture books or better yet a catalog of Carlyle Lynch drawings. I mean after all, you have some serious choices to make about what to choose for your next project. You're just going to have to find something to occupy your thoughts while the finisher and the upholserer do their jobs.

I look forward to seeing both group and individual photos of the finished product. Of particular interest will be detail pixs of the carved areas. I'm gonna hound you about this so don't forget to post when all is done.